Led Zeppelin debut album

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nothing makes me feel older than being reminded something so seared in my brain when I first heard it when it first came out is 50 years old. Thanks for the kick in the head. I can't rank the Zeppelin discography. It's like one big pool of euphoric bliss that I soak in every once in a while when I want to escape to a better time. I rarely ever listen to just one Zeppelin song, it just doesn't seem right to be. They are meant to be enjoyed in a binge fashion in random play, only when you have time to do it right. Just my opinion, fellas. Everyone has there own way.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing makes me feel older than being reminded something so seared in my brain when I first heard it when it first came out is 50 years old. Thanks for the kick in the head. I can't rank the Zeppelin discography. It's like one big pool of euphoric bliss that I soak in every once in a while when I want to escape to a better time. I rarely ever listen to just one Zeppelin song, it just doesn't seem right to be. They are meant to be enjoyed in a binge fashion in random play, only when you have time to do it right. Just my opinion, fellas. Everyone has there own way.
Agreed. Like Pink Floyd, listening to just one song is almost a waste of time.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Zeppelin is the greatest rock and roll band of all time.
There is only one Greatest Rock and roll band in the World and they are on tour this year . They have stood the test of time and out rocked everyone .

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

When I was a sophomore in high school, I played in a rock band that played a lot of Led Zeppelin. Their songwriting was so great that their songs are a guitar player's candy. Communication Breakdown, Stairway to Heaven, Rock'n'Roll, Black Dog, Immigrant Song, Misty Mountain Hop, The Rain Song -- all of these were songs we played. I miss those days.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Longevity doesn't equal greatest
I assume you are referring to the Rolling Stones

Correct , Greatest is always a matter of taste but when you are still performing and making music after having the musical career that band has had you are certainly in the discussion.

The Stones had great songs before many bands were formed and long after they broke up

Last edited:

triplets_93

Reaction score
When I was a sophomore in high school, I played in a rock band that played a lot of Led Zeppelin. Their songwriting was so great that their songs are a guitar player's candy. Communication Breakdown, Stairway to Heaven, Rock'n'Roll, Black Dog, Immigrant Song, Misty Mountain Hop, The Rain Song -- all of these were songs we played. I miss those days.

Here's some guys my age doing an instrumental cover of LZ live: