Leonard Fournette released by Jaguars

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jazzcat22, Aug 31, 2020.

1. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

47,999 Messages
    50,943 Likes Received
    Fournette was released by the Jaguars. I know there will be no interest. But have not seen it posted yet.
    Not sure why they released him, have not listened to it all, or read anything.
    just seen it on a sports alert.

2. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

2,958 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    I think it's safe to say he is a bust

3. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

44,409 Messages
    66,002 Likes Received
    Marrone has said he has been trying to clean things up in Jax. Fournette was kind of an issue.

Apparently they tried to trade him and found no takers. RBs are expendable an fungible.

4. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

11,487 Messages
    6,628 Likes Received
    Remember after his first game he had a big run and said the nfl was a lot easier than he thought It would be?
    that didn’t age well....

5. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

44,409 Messages
    66,002 Likes Received
    He's been in the league 3 years and has had two 1,000 yard rushing seasons. He's hardly a bust.

But the Jags are trying to remake their team and for many teams, TBs are not a high priority.

Furboy, dckid, Undisputed and 12 others like this.
  6. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

2,958 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    He looked like a stud coming out of LSU. To be outright cut after 3 seasons he must be a locker room head ache or an extremely lazy player. I don't recall hearing anything about off the field issues with him. Maybe we hear something now?

ghst187, buybuydandavis and Kaiser like this.
  7. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

7,149 Messages
    4,208 Likes Received
    Especially not injury prone ones

8. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

19,091 Messages
    21,992 Likes Received
    I called it when Panthers fans were wanting him and I said he isn't good enough to be drafted that high. Didn't think McCaffrey would be as great as he has been so I guess 1 for 1 on that Haha

9. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,703 Messages
    46,048 Likes Received
    Fournette became what Derrick Henry was supposed to be and vice versa. He would do better in a role with a team instead of the feature back.

Nova likes this.
  10. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,677 Messages
    12,643 Likes Received
    It's scary that with no guaranteed money left on his deal (they were voided after he had a fight with Shaq Lawson during a game with the Bills, on top of a driving without a license offense) that no one would trade for him. Yes, Fournette has a chronic ankle problem, but he can play.

Furboy and buybuydandavis like this.
  11. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

2,246 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    contract dispute is all it is........

12. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    9,032 Likes Received
    The Jags are tanking. Simple as that. Unfortunately they're setting Minshew up to fail in the process.

13. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

11,470 Messages
    18,595 Likes Received
    All to draft Trevor Lawrence.

BBGTYCOON and slick325 like this.
  14. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

39,943 Messages
    33,213 Likes Received
    I'm kind of confused by this move. I'm not going to sit here and say I watch a lot of Jaguars football but he does not look like a bust. He looks like he can play. He's still on his rookie deal....is there some internal things there? Marone said he couldn't even get a 6th round pick for him. That seems insane.

alicetooljam, OmerV and conner01 like this.
  15. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

16,821 Messages
    14,428 Likes Received
    I have to say Henry has surprised me
    I never expected him to be elite
    Maybe that’s why I don’t get paid to scout players lol

CouchCoach likes this.
  16. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

18,066 Messages
    15,758 Likes Received
    Wonder if the Birds pick him up?

17. rocyaice

39,943 Messages
    33,213 Likes Received
    This approach is so moronic though. When has tanking resulted in playoff wins? When you tank you bring in a losing culture to your organization......then your team is so bad that you don't even have the pieces around your guy that you are tanking for. I just don't understand it. All that tanking for Tua just for him to get hurt. It just doesn't end up well.

DC Cowboy and OmerV like this.
  18. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

22,677 Messages
    43,689 Likes Received
    Fournette is another example of a guy being more trouble than he's worth. Still has a year left on his deal and they saved millions by cutting him.

They've improved their WR and TE corp so I'm not sure how they're setting Minshew up to fail. They've got three other RBs - Fournette won't be missed.

Cowboy Lover likes this.
  19. rocyaice

39,943 Messages
    33,213 Likes Received
    Seems like a good fit with Miles Sanders but last I heard they expected Miles Sanders to get the bulk of the carries in Philly. So to go from that to getting Fournette would sort of go against that move.

20. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

2,296 Messages
    1,817 Likes Received
    I think that was probably due to contract reasons...now which ever teams are interested can sign him for whatever they can agree to.