Leonard Fournette released by Jaguars

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I just think that Fournette simply isn’t that good. I haven’t really been impressed with him going back to LSU, but that’s just me.

He’s pretty high maintenance, locker room wise, and he doesn’t really give you that much more than an average back. The relationship between him and the team deteriorated last year and, IMO, it just wasn’t worth it to the team to deal with him.

The Jags aren’t dealing with any problem player. They’ve shipped off Ramsey, Ngakoue, and now Fournette.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This approach is so moronic though. When has tanking resulted in playoff wins? When you tank you bring in a losing culture to your organization......then your team is so bad that you don't even have the pieces around your guy that you are tanking for. I just don't understand it. All that tanking for Tua just for him to get hurt. It just doesn't end up well.

I agree. I think "tanking" is just a way for football fans to show everyone how so "in-the-know" they are about nfl locker rooms.

I'm not "in the know" either...but I can't believe an organization would make specific plans to set out to lose...so they can draft a specific player that may or may not help. I can;t believe the players would buy into it, keep it secret....or the fans would stand for it either. I certainly could be wrong.

A team that sets out to lose for a draft position is no team of mine. But there would have to be very clear evidence....not some random internet comment about a problematic player release.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't think he's sexually harassed anyone, so I don't know if he fits the culture.
Nice, but with Guice done again, wouldnt surprise me to see the Skins sign him quickly.

cern

Reaction score
Is it fair to say jets and fins tanked year before last?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Nice, but with Guice done again, wouldnt surprise me to see the Skins sign him quickly.
I don’t know... They really like Bryce Love, who is supposed to be completely healthy again, and of course they have the ageless wonder (A Peterson). They also have a couple of vets in JD McKissic and Peyton Barber that they picked up in free agency.

Plus, they used a 3rd on A RB in Gipson.

The main thing is that Rivera is working hard to change that culture around in Washington and bringing in a highly opinionated, outspoken guy who thinks he’s way better than he is, wouldn’t really help that cause, IMO. I think that’s why they couldn’t even get a late round pick for the guy... he’s average but thinks he’s God’s gift to running backs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don’t know... They really like Bryce Love, who is supposed to be completely healthy again, and of course they have the ageless wonder (A Peterson). They also have a couple of vets in JD McKissic and Peyton Barber that they picked up in free agency.

Plus, they used a 3rd on A RB in Gipson.

The main thing is that Rivera is working hard to change that culture around in Washington and bringing in a highly opinionated, outspoken guy who thinks he’s way better than he is, wouldn’t really help that cause, IMO. I think that’s why they couldn’t even get a late round pick for the guy... he’s average but thinks he’s God’s gift to running backs.
Thats all true, and I would rather Fournette stay out of our division, he isnt as big a bust as some fans make him out to be.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I called it when Panthers fans were wanting him and I said he isn't good enough to be drafted that high. Didn't think McCaffrey would be as great as he has been so I guess 1 for 1 on that Haha
Dont think anyone did. I thought he was a borderline first and a slightly better version of Gio Bernard

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Thats all true, and I would rather Fournette stay out of our division, he isnt as big a bust as some fans make him out to be.
I don’t think he’s very good but that’s just me... I certainly could be wrong about him. I have never really been that impressed with him going back to LSU, but he thinks he belongs the the class of Ezekiel Elliott, McCaffery and Saquon Barkley.

Like I said though, I could be wrong.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Doubt he goes to Philly. Def no on Washington unless they are releasing AP. AP isnt wasting his last years behind Fournette but obviously Fournette is an upgrade. Seattle is a more realistic spot or the Rams

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. I think "tanking" is just a way for football fans to show everyone how so "in-the-know" they are about nfl locker rooms.

I'm not "in the know" either...but I can't believe an organization would make specific plans to set out to lose...so they can draft a specific player that may or may not help. I can;t believe the players would buy into it, keep it secret....or the fans would stand for it either. I certainly could be wrong.

A team that sets out to lose for a draft position is no team of mine. But there would have to be very clear evidence....not some random internet comment about a problematic player release.

I think its rare teams tank in the NFL. There's so much parity there really is no reason to but when you are desperate for a quarterback I guess that's when it come to fruition and the Jags are desperate it seems.

erod

Reaction score
It seems we're entering an age where organizations are tiring more and more of the headcases and distractions in the locker room.They're just not worth the trouble.

Look at Beckham. That dude should be the best receiver in the NFL, but he's just a constant issue for everyone to tap dance around. His career is just flailing because he's a constant malcontent.

If you take them on, do it on a cheap and easy to release basis only. Try not to draft them, but if you accidentally do, send the packing. A slightly less talented roster in harmony far outweighs the nonsense of that player you owe a bajillion dollars that holds you hostage.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree with all of this. There is also the fact that a team cannot blatantly tank a season. The NFL has rules about putting out a competitive product, and it would be difficult to intentionally tank an entire season without the NFL becoming aware and taking action. The NFL struggles with even allowing teams to sit top players at the end of the season when their playoff position is already set, but they allow that reluctantly because it's more important to put out a top product for the consumer in the playoffs than in game 16.