Leonard Fournette released by Jaguars

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
With the first pick in the 2021 draft the Jacksonville jaguars select Trevor Lawrence. QB out of Clemson.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems we're entering an age where organizations are tiring more and more of the headcases and distractions in the locker room.They're just not worth the trouble.

Look at Beckham. That dude should be the best receiver in the NFL, but he's just a constant issue for everyone to tap dance around. His career is just flailing because he's a constant malcontent.

If you take them on, do it on a cheap and easy to release basis only. Try not to draft them, but if you accidentally do, send the packing. A slightly less talented roster in harmony far outweighs the nonsense of that player you owe a bajillion dollars that holds you hostage.
Why not keep issues close to the vest so they can trade the player rather than releasing him and getting no value back? I still find it hard to believe nobody would have traded at least a 3rd or 4th round pick for him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If anyone is curious

2019 RB Yards from Scrimmage Leaders
  1. McCaffrey ___2392__(5.9 yards per touch)
  2. Elliott___1777___(5.0)
  3. Chubb___1772___(5.3)
  4. Henry___1742___(5.4)
  5. Fournette__1674___(4.9)
  6. D. Cook__1654___(5.5)
  7. A. Jones___1558___(5.5)
  8. Ekeler___1550___(6.9)
  9. Carson___1496___(4.7)
  10. Barkley___1441___(5.4)

He wasn't bad last year, though his yards per touch was lower than most of the top 10

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems we're entering an age where organizations are tiring more and more of the headcases and distractions in the locker room.They're just not worth the trouble.

Look at Beckham. That dude should be the best receiver in the NFL, but he's just a constant issue for everyone to tap dance around. His career is just flailing because he's a constant malcontent.

If you take them on, do it on a cheap and easy to release basis only. Try not to draft them, but if you accidentally do, send the packing. A slightly less talented roster in harmony far outweighs the nonsense of that player you owe a bajillion dollars that holds you hostage.

This is one thing I read as to why Dallas, or maybe more specifically MM, does not want ET. He likes the way the locker room and players are. And does not want to cause issues there.

slick325

Reaction score
Tampa Bay pick up the phone. 49ers have his agent's number handy.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to say Henry has surprised me
I never expected him to be elite
Maybe that’s why I don’t get paid to scout players lol
Same here, I watched him at Bama and he needed a head of steam but he proved me wrong and blossomed in the NFL. I think I would put him right up there with Christian Okeye, the Nigerian Nightmare, on my list of dive for dirt if he's coming my way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they're tanking as much as purging failure. They might be lining up for Lawrence but they were so bad last season that it would be hard to discern if they were tanking.

They're a bizarre organization and have been for quite some time. I think a team of nothing but All Pros would struggle in JAX.

Hardline

Reaction score
If we didn't have Zeke I would role out the red carpet for him.

starfan1

Reaction score
I recall some on here said Dallas should have passed on Zeke and waited a year to draft Fournette. :laugh:
Really? I didnt hear alot of that. I heard alot of pass on Zeke pick up henry. Which I supported at that time.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He had 1674 yards from scrimmage last season on 4.9 yards per touch.

For comparison, Zeke had 1777 yards on 5.0 yards per touch.

They had almost identical seasons. One is a "bust." One is a top 3 running back. LMAO

Yep, and Fournette did it with less than half the supporting cast.

Zeke is closer to Fournette than he is the Nick Chubbs of the world.