Leonard Fournette released by Jaguars

erod

Reaction score
Why not keep issues close to the vest so they can trade the player rather than releasing him and getting no value back? I still find it hard to believe nobody would have traded at least a 3rd or 4th round pick for him.
I think they tried, but nobody was interested. Running backs are a dime a dozen, and this guy has had health and attitude issues. Sign him on the cheap; don't take on the Jacksonville contract.

erod

Reaction score
I think he's lying. It was just reported that they have until 4 until his release becomes official and now they are trying to trade him.
Why would he need to lie.

Nobody wants that contract, that health risk, and that attitude at that price.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they tried, but nobody was interested. Running backs are a dime a dozen, and this guy has had health and attitude issues. Sign him on the cheap; don't take on the Jacksonville contract.
Still seems odd to me unless the attitude problems are bigger than I realize. For what he produced he would still be pretty cheap since he is still on a rookie contract - should be cheaper than that production would normally get with a free agent contract. So it's hard to imagine that someone wouldn't give at least a middle rounder since they didn't know for sure he would be released, and so even if he was they wouldn't have to compete with other teams in the free agent market. I think either the attitude problems are really bad, or there is more injury concern than expected despite the fact he played 15 games last season - or some combination of both.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Crazy man, Fournette is a physical freak. I think he has spent a lot of time running without much legitimacy at QB. Minshew looks like he could be alright but that said Fournette had a lot of the offensive burden on his shoulders.

So much of the league is about opportunity and system. It will be interesting to see where he resurfaces.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CBS suggesting

New England
Tampa Bay
Miami
LA Rams
Washington

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know Fournette had several issues in and out of the locker room.
But it probably didn't help that he was screaming for Newton over popular teammate and fan-favorite Minshew this offseason.

I think after Minshew came in after Foles was hurt and played with such heart, and with pretty good results given what was around him, the team at least wanted to give hi a show-me year.
But if they get the top pick in 2021, they're taking Lawrence. And if not, they may take Justin Fields anyway.

CWR

Reaction score
Still seems odd to me unless the attitude problems are bigger than I realize. For what he produced he would still be pretty cheap since he is still on a rookie contract - should be cheaper than that production would normally get with a free agent contract. So it's hard to imagine that someone wouldn't give at least a middle rounder since they didn't know for sure he would be released, and so even if he was they wouldn't have to compete with other teams in the free agent market. I think either the attitude problems are really bad, or there is more injury concern than expected despite the fact he played 15 games last season - or some combination of both.

Man I dont remember hearing a whole lot about the talent behind him. It leads me to believe this is addition by subtraction due to his attitude. Im speculating he didn't buy in to the coaching.

CWR

Reaction score
CBS suggesting

New England
Tampa Bay
Miami
LA Rams
Washington

Tampa needs to go get him. Brady is loaded with weapons. If he isn't already toast that Tampa offense could be legit.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tampa needs to go get him. Brady is loaded with weapons. If he isn't already toast that Tampa offense could be legit.
Evans can't stop praising Brady.
They say he's dropping 60-65 yard dimes every day.
Look out

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Evans can't stop praising Brady.
They say he's dropping 60-65 yard dimes every day.
Look out

Im of the belief the talent in New England had a lot to do with Bradys lack of production.

blueblood70

Reaction score
definitely not bust when helathy and focused hes athreat, someone will get a cheap productive RB..guess Eagles LOL he will torch our defense like all the other washed up Backs they brought in..:)

you want to know whats a bust the ownership, gms, and all coaches thy keep running through jacksonville , horrible at trades, give away good players, cut players they should keep..thats what bad franchise looks like..they are on a Browns pace for that, the browns might finally have their arrow going up but havent been the doormats of the nfl, now its the Jags , fitting name.. :)

erod

Reaction score
does he really have an attitude? Seems like no one enjoys playing for that organization.

Fournette is very aloof. He was at LSU, too, and many feel like he's a business decision all the time. Won't play with any slight injury, so as not to hurt his "brand".

erod

Reaction score

It's the lack of respect for the running back position these days (which I absolutely hate) and the chance to get him cheap later if needed.

Also, remember that most every team has a good running back. They're not that hard to find.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Fournette was released by the Jaguars. I know there will be no interest. But have not seen it posted yet.
Not sure why they released him, have not listened to it all, or read anything.
just seen it on a sports alert.

Pretty clear the guy is a low character type. What a mess Jacksonville has become. To think a couple years ago they looked like they could challenge for a SB.