Let’s be clear, Dak carried the team

Proof

Reaction score
TB run defense is insane. I'd like more balance but Dak played out of his mind, never took a sack, and threw for 400 yards. Anthony Brown is hurting us back there.

he took A sack, and a terrible one at that. really the only time i yelled at the tv

Proof

Reaction score
People will complain about the pass happy offense. I thought it was brilliant. Neutralized the TB front 7 with Zeke providing pass blocking in Martin’s absence.

zeke was really getting dirty in the trenches

SackMaster

Reaction score
he took A sack, and a terrible one at that. really the only time i yelled at the tv
The loss of 12 yards was terrible, but I don't know if the sack itself was "terrible".

I just think Dak underestimated how fast Barrett was and was caught of guard when he was caught so quickly after he got outside the tackle box. Of course, Dak should have thrown it away, but as surprised as he looked, I think I rather Dak take the sack then a potential fumble/interception.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I see some of you are upset. On the bright side, atleast fat mike slammed his head set to the turf when the bucs made the game winning FG.

I thought that was kinda neat....that he got a little upset and stuff:)

Proof

Reaction score
The loss of 12 yards was terrible, but I don't know if the sack itself was "terrible".

I just think Dak underestimated how fast Barrett was and was caught of guard when he was caught so quickly after he got outside the tackle box. Of course, Dak should have thrown it away, but as surprised as he looked, I think I rather Dak take the sack then a potential fumble/interception.

that’s fair, and shaq is an animal. just feel like you absolutely have to throw it away there given the circumstances

McKDaddy

Reaction score
When everyone else do their part!

I get that, especially after this game. Bigger picture though, he's in his 6th season and the signature wins against good \ great teams just haven't happened.

At some point, the most important position on the field's contribution to that record has to be looked at in relation to QB's who get it done. It's not that Dak doesn't play well or make plays, it's that 5-10% of his decisions \ throws where he doesn't do as well that separates him from top tier QB's. Their % of bad plays \ missed opportunities are lower. Which helps swing the game in their team's favor.

He has definitely improved tremendously over the years and I give him credit for that. I just don't know that he's ever going to take that last step and become a QB that gives his team that extra advantage against higher levels of competition.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Great question. And I agree with the sentiment. Does need to translate to wins.

That admission said, is your question an admission the goalposts have moved?

What goalposts? I have always viewed QB's thru the same grading system so I don't think I've changed goalposts but maybe you are referring to something else.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nitpick all you want. Dak carried the team. He deserves props.
No nitpicking necessary. Dak showed us on the field.....

Just keep up the good work dak. You had us in the game the whole way. Gonna win a lot of games you keep this up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We’ll win less than 9 games this season if Dak has to do that all year. This team desperately needs balance but Fat mike seems intent on making Dak another Rodgers.

Not sure what y'all want the Cowboys to do if he's having success passing and the run game isn't...just go with the run game just because?

Brax

Reaction score
He did....I'm glad you gave him some credit......
Dak did play very well but like many other games the result was a L. In todays NFL not sure what more the D could do. ST were bad and coaching were not so good. Opportunities were there but the O didn't capitalize and clock management was poor. Should be a good year but if the game plan is having Dak throw that much the results are not going be much different than past years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Nitpick all you want. Dak carried the team. He deserves props.
Yes Dak did well. The problem was they tried to match brady. You don’t do that. We never tried to run the ball. They sold out to the pass and stopped us in the end. Almost like the game was set up to show Dak was back. Yes he is back, now balance the Offense and at least attempt to run. Run to keep them honest. And get me a kicker.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So. Andy Dalton could have done that too right?

I never said Dak and Dalton were equal I’ve always said they could get similar team results and I’m confident we could’ve lost with Dalton.

Dak was phenomenal but how about we actually do something from this point forward.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes Dak did well. The problem was they tried to match brady. You don’t do that. We never tried to run the ball. They sold out to the pass and stopped us in the end. Almost like the game was set up to show Dak was back. Yes he is back, now balance the Offense and at least attempt to run. Run to keep them honest. And get me a kicker.

Dallas gameplan was perfect.

Had Dallas ever built a lead you would’ve seen the run game. They were operating like a modern day offense is supposed to run.

Dallas imo outplayed Tampa.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What goalposts? I have always viewed QB's thru the same grading system so I don't think I've changed goalposts but maybe you are referring to something else.
Was drinking and probably just lumped you in with others who claim he can't carry the team and/or can't play well against great defenses, and/or can only rack up stats in garbage time. My bad, man.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

That play was the one time I thought the injury to the lat got in his head a bit. Normal Dak twists his torso and zips that ball down the field even with the defender closing in on him. I think he hesitated because it was probably a similar throw that hurt his lat and he chose to eat the ball there. I didn't love it but it was better to take the sack there than missed 4 weeks trying to make a cross body throw with the possibility of Barrett hitting his arm and tweaking that shoulder.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I never said Dak and Dalton were equal I’ve always said they could get similar team results and I’m confident we could’ve lost with Dalton.

Dak was phenomenal but how about we actually do something from this point forward.

Unless we're going to sub Dak in for Anthony Brown there isn't much he can do to help the defense get stops when we really need them. Still Moore certainly could have called some runs on that last drive and eaten up the rest of the time before settling for the stupid FG. The pass attempts kept giving the refs a chance to call holding and they weren't missing their time in the sunshine.