1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Let’s be clear, Dak carried the team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aviano90, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Romotil45

Romotil45 Well-Known Member

1,102 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Get over it Coach Tony Romo is dead to me hes been out of the league over 5 yrs. I would change my nick if I new how. Im a proud Dak critic. I choose to point out his mistakes instead of blowing sunshine up his backside Because I like the Kid. He threw a pick had 2 dropped thats not carrying a team thats detrimental to a team.

2. Romotil45

1,102 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    I agree staying away from the Bucs D front was the right game plan. Your right kicking game was bad. Considering he put the ball up 58 times Dak didnt play terrible but he had a pick and 2 picks dropped thats not ideal. Having said all that competing that well against a top five team maybe the best team in the NFL is encouraging.

3. uvaballa

uvaballa Well-Known Member

5,652 Messages
    4,413 Likes Received
    He looks fully confident in making any throw. Not sure that was always the case but now he doesn’t mind throwing into tight windows. If he can stay healthy he should have a monster year.

4. Romotil45

1,102 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    I agree they new at some point Dak would throw a few balls right at defenders which he did. Agreed without the four tunovers by the Bucs they win easily.

Slim_JD likes this.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

43,215 Messages
    19,721 Likes Received
    Dak played great as always.

Offense overall played outstanding.

Young defense played their hearts out.

Questionable calls by the coaching staff.

I was overall pleasantly surprised and I am looking forward to the next game which is a far cry from last year.

6. Romotil45

1,102 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    In what world is a pick and 2 picks dropped excellent ? Considering he put it up 58 times Dak played OK. Not excellent.

7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

32,646 Messages
    8,446 Likes Received
    I was surprised at how Dak played, Hell, I was surprised, minus the few mistakes, how the whole team played against the GOAT.

SteveTheCowboy and Aviano90 like this.
  8. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

21,392 Messages
    23,059 Likes Received
    Wrong, he was excellent. Making BS up and blaming him for INTs that never happened is beyond idiotic. Or, you're just doing this on purpose.

9. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,678 Messages
    24,352 Likes Received
    Football Outsiders tracks Adjusted Interceptions which subtracts interceptions that shouldn't be counted against the QB and adds interceptions that should have occurred to try and give a clearer picture of how the QB performed. Last night they would probably remove the actual interception and add 2 that the defense probably should have intercepted due to bad passes from Dak. In this case, @Romotil45 is trying to add on the "should be" interceptions without removing the tip ball interception. Clear sign of an agenda.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2021/adjusted-interceptions-2020

SteveTheCowboy likes this.
  10. Romotil45

1,102 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Dak played OK and I like the Kid but blowing sunshine up his backside wont help him learn to read defenses and stop throwing the ball right at defenders.

11. Stash

Stash Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    74,756 Messages
    93,784 Likes Received
    The quarterback’s name needs to be in here.

12. Romotil45

1,102 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    And what agenda would that be ? A pick is a pick tipped or not and I can make the argument that the ball on that play should have gone elsewhere. So you agree they would have added the 2 picks dropped ?. Im not Bashing Dak I like the kid Im actually pleased that he played as well as he did considering he had to put it up 58 times.

13. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

21,392 Messages
    23,059 Likes Received
    Rinse and repeat.

14. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

21,392 Messages
    23,059 Likes Received
    They don't even try to hide it anymore.

Stash likes this.
  15. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

45,341 Messages
    23,934 Likes Received
    He’s been carrying the team for at least the last two seasons. The Cowboys would have gotten blown out last night with a lesser QB.

16. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,678 Messages
    24,352 Likes Received
    You can't have it both ways. Yes, a pick is a pick if you want to view it through that lens. If so, a dropped interception is still not an interception and therefore shouldn't be mentioned. If you want to add on "should be" interceptions to make him look worse, then remove the interceptions that aren't his fault. It's only fair. If you're unwilling to be fair, that shows an agenda.

17. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

5,276 Messages
    5,349 Likes Received
    Hater

18. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

24,577 Messages
    21,177 Likes Received
    I have to agree with Aviano. If you are going to ding him with INT's that should have been you should also take away INT's that shouldn't have been. It's not fair or reasonable to factor in how we think plays should have gone otherwise.

19. IceStar-D7

IceStar-D7 Well-Known Member

4,527 Messages
    4,482 Likes Received
    I thought Dak played well but that didn't surprise me. Oline at times did. Tight end needs to learn how to block. Defense at times were physical. But it still all ended in a loss. Back to the drawing board.

20. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

24,577 Messages
    21,177 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say back to the drawing board - that seems to suggest reconsidering and redoing everything. I think there was a lot to build from in this game.

For the most part I agree with your assessment. Dak did play well. O-Line did a very nice job in pass protection against a strong defensive front. Would like to see them stronger in the un game, even against a strong defensive front. Maybe Martin coming back will help with that. Overall I was pretty pleased with McGovern though. TE blocking is a problem. Was glad to see both involved as receivers though. Defense I think it a work in progress. Not where it needs to be, but that's a pretty strong TB offense.