Let’s sign Jameis Winston

kskboys

Reaction score
Winston may be an immature kid and possibly an attacker of women, but the people calling him stupid obviously know nothing about the guy.

He's actually very smart and got excellent grades in high school and college.

Having said that, I cannot stand the guy. But he's far from stupid.
So he's a smart guy who does stupid stuff? Brilliant.

kskboys

Reaction score
Never going to happen but I would roll with Winston over Prescott. The guy has more play making ability and he wouldn't be anywhere near as reckless on a team that doesn't require 40-50 points to win each week.
Wouldn't be near as reckless?

Seriously, do you guys say stuff just to say stuff? I mean, your statement is so far off that the polar opposite is true. Are you really like this unaware in your life?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never going to happen but I would roll with Winston over Prescott. The guy has more play making ability and he wouldn't be anywhere near as reckless on a team that doesn't require 40-50 points to win each week.
He has always thrown a lot of INTs, even in college when he played on dominant teams. The more athletic guy isn't always the best leader or decision maker.

Swagger

Reaction score
Wouldn't be near as reckless?

Seriously, do you guys say stuff just to say stuff? I mean, your statement is so far off that the polar opposite is true. Are you really like this unaware in your life?

Have you watched the Bucs play in recent seasons? Their defense has been truly horrific! They have required a bunch of points to win games without a running game = risky throws to win.

Defensive points conceded per game on average during the regular season:

Bucs
2019 - 28 points
2018 - 29 points

Cowboys
2019 - 20 points
2018 - 20 points

Winston would be cheap and given a better defense and a strong running game he wouldn't make (as many) dumb throws plus you would get a load of big plays when required to win games.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If Dak got hurt Winston would be a solid backup. The guy might play better with less pressure

kskboys

Reaction score
Have you watched the Bucs play in recent seasons? Their defense has been truly horrific! They have required a bunch of points to win games without a running game = risky throws to win.

Defensive points conceded per game on average during the regular season:

Bucs
2019 - 28 points
2018 - 29 points

Cowboys
2019 - 20 points
2018 - 20 points

Winston would be cheap and given a better defense and a strong running game he wouldn't make (as many) dumb throws plus you would get a load of big plays when required to win games.
OK, let's turn this around. Have YOU watched Winston play? Dude has been a TO machine since college. Your claim that he'd be less TO prone is one of the strangest things I've seen on this board. Since Winston has ALWAYS been TO prone, and Dak has been extremely careful w/ the ball and not TO prone, what in the world makes you claim that Winston would be less TO prone than Dak? I mean, this seriously makes no sense at all. How'd you come to this conclusion?

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey, don't get me wrong, if we'd sign Winston for a backup price, like 6 mil, I'd be happy.

kskboys

Reaction score
How are there still Winston fans? I don't get it.

I mean, you can like Dak or not, but he's so much better than Winston, they are not in the same conversation when evaluating QB's.

Winston is bottom 10.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been said over this many posts, but I'll never find out. Anyhow....

If he's supposedly a Prescott replacement: NO

However, if it comes down to needing a vet for a handful of games to save the season...

I'd feel much better about having Winston as that guy than Cooper Rush.

Blows me away how important positions like kicker and backup QB end up being, but they dont seem to agree.

starfan1

Reaction score
How are there still Winston fans? I don't get it.

I mean, you can like Dak or not, but he's so much better than Winston, they are not in the same conversation when evaluating QB's.

Winston is bottom 10.
Because its anybody but dak with some thats why. Even if they dont outright admit it.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
A team can't pay $25-30 million for a backup QB, and I'm sure Winston isn't looking to be a backup

Are there any teams left looking for a starting qb? The qb carousel seems to have wound down for the most part.

blueblood70

Reaction score
heck no !not for that.. he will soon be desperate e for a job so low ball the dude, hes too INT prone for 30..maybe 21-24 Bridgewater, brees, rivers,foles, and Brady all undermarket =new market..