Let Dak walk, Get Derek Carr this offseason?

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
I don't think the OP was necessarily saying we should trade Dak for Carr, I think he was saying we should let Dak walk as a free agent and simply "go get Carr". As if it's that easy to just "go get" whoever we want. Hell, if it were that easy I would get somebody besides Carr.

Bingo!

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Why on earth would you want to downgrade the chemistry between the current QB and Amari Cooper? Dak and Cooper already have better chemistry than Carr and Cooper EVER had. You don't mess with that and don't tell me it was just the "team". Carr is erratic as hell.

Go back and watch the Raiders from a few years back during the season Carr tore his ACL in the last game of the season. I think you are highly, highly mistaken.

Flamma

Reaction score
I didn't read through this entire thread, so I apologize if this has come up 30 times already. Carr isn't going anywhere. They have him at a bargain for several more years.

dckid

Reaction score
What do you guys think? Personally i'd rather have Carr, i think he can thrive in the right offense. Much like Amari, i think things have gone stale for him in Oakland and he needs a fresh start. Imagine this offense with a QB who can actually put the ball in the right place and not make receivers have to adjust when they are open. We can actually have potential 35 yard gains be 35 yards and not 18-20 yarders because the ball wasnt put in the right place...
If Dak doesn’t agree to $30 million, pull the offer. If the Fo thinks he is JAG then put pressure on the scouts to find someone else. Spend money on area’s where the league can’t limit you. scouting, analytics, Front office.
Find a Brad Johnson type. I would rather sign Keenum or he’ll trade a 6th rounder to the Skins once Haskins takes over. Be creative. This is not a zero sum game. We have too look out for the whole team.

Altestic

Reaction score
Lateral move.

Better to get Mason Fine or wait for Trevor Lawrence.