Let Dak walk, sign Brissett in the offseason

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fromm will be a top 5 pick. But I wholeheartidly agree. Let Dak walk. And give up three #1’s to get Tua, Fromm, or Herbert. It allows you to keep the rest of the team together, including zeke, and it saves you a boatload of cash. One of those 3 QBs would be an upgrade over Dak easily.

You will have to keep the team together if you do that, because you will severely hindered your chance to upgrade through the draft. I don't see your point about it helping keep Zeke. A decision has to be made on Zeke now. It won't wait until we see if we can make a trade to move into the top 5 in a future draft.

zerofill

Reaction score
Ok... I always thought a franchise like the Cowboys should be able to find their Brady by now,and Dak is not that. But, yeah I will keep Dak over him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok... I always thought a franchise like the Cowboys should be able to find their Brady by now,and Dak is not that. But, yeah I will keep Dak over him.

Only the team that actually has Brady has found their Brady, and maybe a couple more are close (the Saints and Packers).

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I saw Brissett in person this weekend at their preseason game. Phillip Walker and Chad Kelly looked better than he did. No thanks

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
You will have to keep the team together if you do that, because you will severely hindered your chance to upgrade through the draft. I don't see your point about it helping keep Zeke. A decision has to be made on Zeke now. It won't wait until we see if we can make a trade to move into the top 5 in a future draft.
What I’m saying is I believe zeke and the cowboys aren’t far off in their negotiations. But when you have an average qb who wants 30-40 million... there isn’t a lot of leway in terms of other people’s contracts.
As far as hindering your team because of a loss of picks, that’s all relative. This team has been drafting very well lately and we could afford to give up some number 1’s if we had too. I believe this team could go all the way with the right qb. And next years draft could be 1983 all over again in terms of QBs.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I believe Dak is better than Brissett (and it really isnt that close). That said let's not act like the talent they had around them was identical.
What? Until half way through last season, Dak hasn't had top receivers. Colts have had top skill players. Hilton isn't talent? Ebron isn't talent? Haha stop it

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I’m saying is I believe zeke and the cowboys aren’t far off in their negotiations. But when you have an average qb who wants 30-40 million... there isn’t a lot of leway in terms of other people’s contracts.
As far as hindering your team because of a loss of picks, that’s all relative. This team has been drafting very well lately and we could afford to give up some number 1’s if we had too. I believe this team could go all the way with the right qb. And next years draft could be 1983 all over again in terms of QBs.
I doubt many will agree 3 #1s are that dispensable. Besides, those guys that we have as a result of “drafting well lately” are already getting beyond their rookie contracts, which is why we have the issues with having contracts to deal with involving Zeke and Dak and Byron Jones and D-Law and Jaylon Smith. We can’t just expect them all to hang around on team friendly deals to cover for trading away 3 No. 1 picks