Let Dak walk, sign Brissett in the offseason

joseephuss

Reaction score
Except Brissett has a bigger and more accurate arm, and a cheaper asking price.

Where is the evidence that Brissett has a more accurate arm? It seems like an unsubstantiated claim. He completed just under 60% of his throws in college and so far has done the same as a pro.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I doubt many will agree 3 #1s are that dispensable. Besides, those guys that we have as a result of “drafting well lately” are already getting beyond their rookie contracts, which is why we have the issues with having contracts to deal with involving Zeke and Dak and Byron Jones and D-Law and Jaylon Smith. We can’t just expect them all to hang around on team friendly deals to cover for trading away 3 No. 1 picks

I agree. Trading multiple #1s for a players would be a bad move.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Where is the evidence that Brissett has a more accurate arm? It seems like an unsubstantiated claim. He completed just under 60% of his throws in college and so far has done the same as a pro.
The evidence comes from watching the two play. Stats don't account for receivers making bad throws look good, or vice versa.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
What? Until half way through last season, Dak hasn't had top receivers. Colts have had top skill players. Hilton isn't talent? Ebron isn't talent? Haha stop it
Ebron was signed in 2018, they just invested in the offensive line the last two years, and their wasn't an elite running game to lean on.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Brissett is more talented than Dak. Opportunity is the only real disparity.

Brissett three 469 passes last year.
He threw 13 touchdowns and 7 interceptions and 3,098 yards.

Dak threw 459 his rookie season.
He had 22 TD passing and 4 INT and 3,667 yards.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The evidence comes from watching the two play. Stats don't account for receivers making bad throws look good, or vice versa.

You can’t explain this to some. All they can see are the #s.

As I said, it is an unsubstantiated claim.You aren't the only one who has watched both guys play. This board is full of people who watch college and NFL football. There is nothing that supports Brissett having a more accurate arm. It is your hope that he does, but it isn't a fact. It is a fact that he is bigger than Dak. It is a logical speculation that his services will be cheaper than Dak's. Him being more accurate is pure fantasy at this point as he has not shown the penchant for being accurate in college or in the NFL, yet. It isn't only from seeing the numbers. It is from watching him play and which the stats merely support.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Since so many seem to not understand my logic, let me make it plain. Reality is the Cowboys are a solid team from top to bottom. The way we are build we do not need an elite QB to succeed just an adequate one. But when our adequate QB wants to command elite money is it really worth it. Dak can't win without talent around him, that ought to be evident at this point.
Replacing him with another QB that is just as much, if not more adequate is the best option. Brissett is the ideal candidate to replace Dak with, he has NFL starting experience, he has an elite arm, has made some "wow" throws, hard to bring down, can run a bit. We wouldn't have to sacrifice draft picks to sign him next year, nor would we have to sacrifice young talent for lack of cap space.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Since so many seem to not understand my logic, let me make it plain. Reality is the Cowboys are a solid team from top to bottom. The way we are build we do not need an elite QB to succeed just an adequate one. But when our adequate QB wants to command elite money is it really worth it. Dak can't win without talent around him, that ought to be evident at this point.
Replacing him with another QB that is just as much, if not more adequate is the best option. Brissett is the ideal candidate to replace Dak with, he has NFL starting experience, he has an elite arm, has made some "wow" throws, hard to bring down, can run a bit. We wouldn't have to sacrifice draft picks to sign him next year, nor would we have to sacrifice young talent for lack of cap space.

Your OP was one sentence long, didn’t mention any of the arguments you made with this post.

Your OP also stated that he is more accurate than Dak which is just false.

So given those two things, maybe you can understand why people weren’t apt to agree with you.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Fromm will be a top 5 pick. But I wholeheartidly agree. Let Dak walk. And give up three #1’s to get Tua, Fromm, or Herbert. It allows you to keep the rest of the team together, including zeke, and it saves you a boatload of cash. One of those 3 QBs would be an upgrade over Dak easily.

Will never happen. Even after the results with Cooper, Jerry was unhappy not having a 1st rounder. And you want to trade 3 #1s.

Stephen would never let this happen; the same as vetoing drafting Johnny Manziel.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If we let Dak walk then A.Cooper might as well go to, right?:facepalm:...........

That may work if Dallas drafts WR Laviska Shenault Jr. from Colorado in the 1st. Then draft QB Steven Montez from Colorado in the 2nd. These guys are good together. :omg:

Altestic

Reaction score
Brissett is more talented than Dak. Opportunity is the only real disparity.
Agreed.

We're not going to get Tago or Herbert or Fromm, so why not draft Mason Fine to be our starter? He's very talented and has the "it" factor and probably can be had in the 5th round. Plus, he's a local kid, and he went to the greatest academic college ever! I love that guy, huge man crush.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Doubt it.

He's coming from a pro style offense at a big school and producing.

I don't see him having a super high ceiling but he could easily be Mitch Trubisky.

Drafting QB's in the first round isn't the crap shoot it used to be IMO. It's easier then ever.

Where it gets risky is when you take a guy from the spread that produced in a conference that plays no defense. Like for example Kyler Murray. That is a risk.

Kyler Murray may have more upside then Fromm but I think he also has the chance to fall flat on his face.

You act like being Trubisky is a compliment, though. He isn't that good.