Let Dak walk, sign Brissett in the offseason

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Fromm will be a top 5 pick. But I wholeheartidly agree. Let Dak walk. And give up three #1’s to get Tua, Fromm, or Herbert. It allows you to keep the rest of the team together, including zeke, and it saves you a boatload of cash. One of those 3 QBs would be an upgrade over Dak easily.

Trade 3 #1s for one of those guys? Lmao!! Good lord.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think Dak and Trubisky are actually a decent comparison. Neither are your prototype pocket passers that are a lock to throw for 350 yards and 4 TD's each week, but both are gritty, versatile, mobile QBs.

I'll take Dak over him all day long but I feel it's a fair comparison.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Some of these posts I tell ya.....makes me think the use of illegal hallucinogens were used prior to creating such thread.

starcity214

Reaction score
I remember doing the same thing with Troy Aikman people wanted him to come out of retirement. I mean come on even Randall Cunningham wore a star at some point I think it was like 14 different starters on the team after Troy Aikman. I guess I'm one of the few that understands how looking you were to find a quarterback so quickly after Tony. And people want to get rid of him LMAO

This argument is stupid to be honest..

After Aikman, how many QBs Did the Cowboys draft in the first round?

My point is, the reason we didn't "find" a QB after Aikman retired was because we kept on trying to turn turds into diamonds (not much different from today with Dak, White and Rush) instead of just getting a true blue chip first round QB.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Uh, why would we do that when we already have Mike White-Zowsky?

Nav22

Reaction score
There are like 15 QBs who perform at an acceptable level in the NFL. The rest are largely complete trash and/or backups.

The Cowboys happen to employ one of the 15 who know how to play. Dak is cash money with the game on the line, limits turnovers, makes plays with his arm/feet, stays healthy and WINS twice as often as he loses.

ON WHAT PLANET DO THOSE GUYS GROW ON TREES!?!?!?!?! JACOBY BRISSETT!?!?!?!?!? LOLLLLLLL

There are fans who are just SO DESPERATE to trade him in for a worse option, ANY other option. They’ll justify it by pointing out the money Dak is asking for, as if any NFL franchise has ever benefitted from letting a good QB walk without a good replacement because “he cost too much!”

Paying a good QB is a good problem to have, Bozos.

It’s amazing to me how little some fans understand about the sport they spend so much time agonizing over. Sheer stupidity.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

My point is, the reason we didn't "find" a QB after Aikman retired was because we kept on trying to turn turds into diamonds (not much different from today with Dak, White and Rush) instead of just getting a true blue chip first round QB.
To just repeated what I said, LMAO

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You just repeated what I said LMAO Bill Parcells wanted old school football players guys he was familiar with. It's not the same

sean10mm

Reaction score
Brisett's had plenty of starts and shown basically nothing. It's fine if you don't like Dak, whatever, but thinking Brissett is the answer when his game basically has every flaw that Dak's has except worse is just deranged.

You don't like dink-dunk? Brissett has worse yards/attempt. You don't like Dak's lack of accuracy? Brissett is a <60% career passer. You think Dak takes too many needless sacks? Brissett led the league in sacks in 2017.

Nothing about his game adds up to what Dak critics say they want instead of Dak. It's deranged.

Next think you know some putz is going to start raving about Nathan Peterman being our future franchise savior.

C42

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with Dak, but I started a franchise mode in Madden with the Bengals and traded away Dalton and somehow landed Brissett. Finished 2nd in MVP voting. He’s legit. :D:cool:

EST_1986

Reaction score
We're going to be down to "Let Dak walk and trade for Nathan Peterman" in about a week.
I wouldn't mind that kid from SF, forget his name. This is if Dak deal can't be made, I'd prefer to keep Dak. Warts and all.

InTheZone

Reaction score

yup, the team is content, and that's a bad thing considering how close we are to being a new juggernaut for several years. Instead we're taking the risk that we don't reach the potential of our all pros and end up with nothing to show. Similar to Romo days where the team settled for a Piggly Wiggly OL, Dollar General RBs, Amazon Basics Defense, Cluckin' Bell WRs and the local circus Head Coach.

RoboQB

Reaction score
We'll soon find out when china doll luck goes down, Brissett will have his chance to prove it.

You put the Chuck Norris sniper shot on Andrew Luck's career... lol

(Check out YouTube if you don't understand the analogy... funny stuff.)