Let's Discuss the Real Cancer on This Team - Witten

Bluestang

Reaction score
I think the cat is out of the bag on this that Witten has a big influence with the coaches and front office. We heard these rumblings when TO was released, Crayton echoed the same things, and now Dez solidified it once more.

Witten is past his prime and needs to retire. He may be seen as a consummate professional but I just don't see how if he's the one angling for players to be released. How was it that Rico Gathers suffered this "season-ending" concussion in training camp? Is it curious to anyone that Rico was shelved the entire year due to that? It makes a lot sense if Witten felt threatened that his role would be in jeopardy if Rico was to play so he goes to the staff to get him shutdown for the year.

Maybe there's a man wearing #82 reason why these 2nd round TEs just didn't work out over these past years...

I think we found our next Doug Free and Dez Bryant for 2018....:lmao:

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Not_facebook_not_like_thumbs_down.png

DHCBF66

Reaction score
I think the cat is out of the bag on this that Witten has a big influence with the coaches and front office. We heard these rumblings when TO was released, Crayton echoed the same things, and now Dez solidified it once more.

Witten is past his prime and needs to retire. He may be seen as a consummate professional but I just don't see how if he's the one angling for players to be released. How was it that Rico Gathers suffered this "season-ending" concussion in training camp? Is it curious to anyone that Rico was shelved the entire year due to that? It makes a lot sense if Witten felt threatened that his role would be in jeopardy if Rico was to play so he goes to the staff to get him shutdown for the year.

Maybe there's a man wearing #82 reason why these 2nd round TEs just didn't work out over these past years...

Keep reaching, lol, this has to be the most comical thing I have ever read on here. LOL...:thumbdown:

kazzd58

Reaction score

Yall eyes are finlly starting to see who the issue has been... Ill let yall other cowboy fan Speak nothing but good things about him, But me

He Selfish Point blank... Rico was progressing so fast you know Witten was threaten.. He got to go..

Had a good career But WE HAVENT WON ANYTHING WITH WITTEN EITHER SINCE HE BEEN IN THE LEAGUE.

# years of no real impact at TE posistion but he's the one still here... Him and his # yard option routes

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

Oh, dude.... U just lit a fuse to bomb I don’t think ur ready for lol

Last edited:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

Been obvious to me for a while...you guys are late to the party. Name me one...one player in the NFL...with as much longevity with same team...that has not come close to winning anything. Even Joe Thomas finally hung it up. And he was a far more dominant Tackle..than Witten is a TE. This only happens at a position like QB...see Phillip rivers...who has at least played in a afc rirlw game. We are hanging on to a TE.....a TE! Who has never been a TD maker...who haa not been explosive in YEARS. This is a microcosm of a problematic culture in Dallas.

Jipper

Reaction score
Well I guess no one is safe anymore...stop being miserable and look forward to a good draft and a great 2018.

Anyone calling witten a Cancer is looking for attention or being dramatic, either way it is not productive and asinine. He may be over the hill and not as productive as he was, I'll even concede he is overpaid potentially....but no where near being called a Cancer.

This site is full of ridiculous posts since dez got cut

roughneck266

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Dez being that he is from my home town, but I think it might be a little suspect that he has basically called out everyone but himself.
Nobody got Dez fired, except Dez. I wish it weren't true, but it is. As far as Rico goes, I hope beyond all hope that he is the future at his position. Be willing to be that Witten does too. At any rate, I dont see how Witten had anything to do with Rico's health issues. To suggest anything else is childish.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Rico was shelved because he wasn’t ready to play yet. He was stashed to get one more year of practice. The dude didn’t even play college football. Lol it’s obvious that’s why.