Lets go get Griffen and we are good to go

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There's a reason Griffin 32 teams are ignoring Griffin. It obviously has nothing to do with his stats......something tells me he's not as good a fit some seem to think.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
With Poe coming on board Griffen fills a huge spot at RDE rotate him with Gregory and this is the best line on paper that we have had in recent memory. Draft CB, S, WR, BPA and lets go.

I'm so down for this!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's a reason Griffin 32 teams are ignoring Griffin. It obviously has nothing to do with his stats......something tells me he's not as good a fit some seem to think.
Well let me say that I'm not that as excited as everyone is about adding him. I'm not excited about adding another 30 year old to this defensive line.

That being said......I'm not gonna use what other teams are doing to determine how good or bad someone is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the move to make a change from Crawford and possibly add Griffin will be post draft..they will see what they get and if a griffin is still available he will be cheaper and then we cut Crawford.. they have moves left..the longer a FA is on the market the cheaper he will be ..

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Will Griffin lose us a compensatory pick?
I'm not sure it's really prudent to make decisions solely on whether or not we'll get a comp pick.

I think in the last 20 years, Jerry has hit well on one of them (Prescott), although I was a big David Buehler fan and Ken Bishop did win a Grey Cup in the CFL :D

Tussinman

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with teams ignoring him or him being a fit.

It's all based on money. He just like Clowney are going to drag this out to get as much money as possible. If he just wanted to play and didn't care about max dollars (EX: told all 32 times he would play for 2 years 15 million total) he would of be signed in a day

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well let me say that I'm not that as excited as everyone is about adding him. I'm not excited about adding another 30 year old to this defensive line.

That being said......I'm not gonna use what other teams are doing to determine how good or bad someone is.

Fair enough but I have to wonder if there's something about this kid, we as fans aren't privileged to. What kind of team is he or his work ethic? Are you signing a player coming to play or pick up a paycheck?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not sure it's really prudent to make decisions solely on whether or not we'll get a comp pick.

I think in the last 20 years, Jerry has hit well on one of them (Prescott), although I was a big David Buehler fan and Ken Bishop did win a Grey Cup in the CFL :D
We are getting two 3rds though. We have never gotten comps that high

Sydla

Reaction score

Part of it is money and Clowney floating out there. Teams are waiting to see if Clowney moves off his high request. Golden is another that is caught up in this.

Sydla

Reaction score

I never understand this logic against adding 30+ year olds to the team, assuming the contract is smart.

Explain to me the harm in signing a 32 year old that showed he can still play at a good level to a one or two year deal?