Lets go get Griffen and we are good to go

ksg811

Reaction score
Was he?

I believe he voided his contract.

You are correct, my mistake. He would have been cut had he not voided. Either way, he doesn’t count against the come pick formula.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with teams ignoring him or him being a fit.

It's all based on money. He just like Clowney are going to drag this out to get as much money as possible. If he just wanted to play and didn't care about max dollars (EX: told all 32 times he would play for 2 years 15 million total) he would of be signed in a day

:huh: It has everything to do with teams ignoring him so far, otherwise, he would have signed.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I lay odds that Dallas doesn't sign Griffin and puts Crawford/Gregory at RDE in 2020.
I think you’re 100% accurate. They wanted to sign Gregory to long term deal last year but the nfl declined it and he was suspended. I think they lock him up this year. He’s only 27 and basically has played a year and half if you total it all together. I hope he’s still in football shape.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fair enough but I have to wonder if there's something about this kid, we as fans aren't privileged to. What kind of team is he or his work ethic? Are you signing a player coming to play or pick up a paycheck?

He was largely viewed as a very a passionate player in Minnesota and was considered a good teammate.

There is one red flag in his past from 2018 when he got arrested for threatening to shoot someone at a hotel and then tried to break into a teammates home that same day. He had to go through a mental health evaluation but apparently came back with no issues and has had no issues since. That incident cost him 5 games in 2018 but he came back that season and played and played 2019 with no issues.

Tussinman

Reaction score
:huh: It has everything to do with teams ignoring him so far, otherwise, he would have signed.
Your making it seem like it's an issue with him being a fit or that there's some underlying issue with him when in reality it's simply him trying to maximize his money

When you play the 2nd most valuable position in the sport (along with the draft class being weak at that position) you have the option like Clowney to drag it out a little bit, you don't have to take the first set of offers

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
If we get Griffen we should be able to go with bpa at pick 17. It could be a db, tackle or corner. I’d still love to see Kinlaw land in our lap. I’d be just fine with an extra stud receiver or Henderson too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fair enough but I have to wonder if there's something about this kid, we as fans aren't privileged to. What kind of team is he or his work ethic? Are you signing a player coming to play or pick up a paycheck?
Well this is why I go back to the paragraph above. I’m not excited about having 30 year olds who have nothing to play for. Quinn and Cobb were searching for a payday. They had a reason to be hungry. Those are the vets I want.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we get Griffen we should be able to go with bpa at pick 17. It could be a db, tackle or corner. I’d still love to see Kinlaw land in our lap. I’d be just fine with an extra stud receiver or Henderson too.
No we shouldn’t. All of these guys are rentals.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never understand this logic against adding 30+ year olds to the team, assuming the contract is smart.

Explain to me the harm in signing a 32 year old that showed he can still play at a good level to a one or two year deal?
He has nothing to play for. I want vets who have something to play for. Griffin ain’t it.

Sydla

Reaction score
No we shouldn’t. All of these guys are rentals.

Of course they are rentals. That's the point and why teams find value in them if they think they can still play.

1) It fills a clear need that you may or may not fill in the draft
2) These older guys often come on the cheap and for short term contracts relative to younger options. Given that, they usually don't have any real impact on the long term cap. So you can get a productive player that fills a hole for you, it allows you more flexibility in the draft and typically, they are gone in a year or two and don't hurt your cap at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Last I checked we had regret when Ware was still productive and helped bring a Super Bowl to Denver and he was well past 32 and also more injury prone too.
Griffin ain’t never been of Wares caliber. Sure Brady is 43 and playing but that doesn’t mean Matt Stafford will do the same.