Lets go get Griffen and we are good to go

KeepinTime

Reaction score
If we get Griffen we should be able to go with bpa at pick 17. It could be a db, tackle or corner. I’d still love to see Kinlaw land in our lap. I’d be just fine with an extra stud receiver or Henderson too.
Still think the lowest Kinlaw is gonna go is 12th or 13th but yeah, he’d be a great addition.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So, play the young guy even if the 32 year old is a significantly better player just because he is older? That' makes no sense.

Perhaps you are unaware that not all 32 year olds are a step away from the trash heap, and all younger players are not capable of stepping into a major role with a team.

Blanket statements like yours are irrational. A team needs to look at individual players and circumstances. Age is not a stand alone criteria.

Ga'head, indignant harbor boy. You make the blanket statement that age always trumps youth.
I say, unless the chap is all pro (a dubious distinction these days if you ask me) a 32-year-old usually will play like a has been.
And, yeah, talent inhibitor, develop the young. I know, a novel idea.:rolleyes:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ga'head, indignant harbor boy. You make the blanket statement that age always trumps youth.
I say, unless the chap is all pro (a dubious distinction these days if you ask me) a 32-year-old usually will play like a has been.
And, yeah, talent inhibitor, develop the young. I know, a novel idea.:rolleyes:
I didn’t say age trumps youth - that’s your lame interpretation to cover your claim that youth trumps age. The only real evaluation is on a situation by situation basis, evaluating the indivual players to choose from. There is no set age at which a player turns into a pumpkin, nor does being younger automatically mean better. There are boatloads of examples going both ways

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Still think the lowest Kinlaw is gonna go is 12th or 13th but yeah, he’d be a great addition.

This, if he does fall to 17 you can say it is Christmas in April. I guess we can't blame red for winning that last game against the skins and picking 17th, because then we would have been 10th with a loss BUT no way the skins were winning that game and losing the 2nd pick, they were going to see to that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I didn’t say age trumps youth - that’s your lame interpretation to cover your claim that youth trumps age. The only real evaluation is on a situation by situation basis, evaluating the indivual players to choose from. There is no set age at which a player turns into a pumpkin, nor does being younger automatically mean better. There are boatloads of examples going both ways
And water is wet, old fellow. :rolleyes: