Benched
Reaction score
What's our final record?

1) 12-4
2) 11-5
3) 10-6
4) 9-7
5) 8-8

Would've preferred this to be a poll, but couldn't find the create a poll feature.

Oh ya, I'll go on record with a 12-4 finish.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2403106 said:
12-4 ...thats my story and I am sticking too it.

Knew I could count on you CC. You and I are like two loyal dogs, you can kick us, scream at us, totally abuse us and we'll forget all about it 5 mins later.

superpunk

Reaction score
9-7. Depression has set in full-on. We'll beat the Skins and lose the rest of our division games. Leadership is incompetent. My opinion will change if leadership shows even a faint sign of competence.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2403116 said:
9-7. Depression has set in full-on. We'll beat the Skins and lose the rest of our division games. Leadership is incompetent. My opinion will change if leadership shows even a faint sign of competence.

:signmast:

I'm with him!

(except the part about beating the 'Skins)

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2403116 said:

I can't make heads or tails of your post.

You sound totally negative on the team and yet predict a win in Wash and a 9-7 finish. You know they can easily finish worse than 9-7 if things are truely that bleak.

I can't possibly conciebe of a 9-7 finish if they win in DC. I'm assuming you're giving them wins over SF and Seattle. That would put them at 8-4!

You think they go on from there to lose to Pit, NYG and Phila, with a win over Bal?

Guess it could play out that way.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think it is going to be 11-5 or 12-4 or 9-7 or 8-8.

So, this team either comes out and smokes Washington, they rally around Romo coming back and they make a charge or....

They go out and lose to Washington and they tank the season.

I see no happy medium!

I am usually optimistic - a good game against Washington and I will be all aboard again but I am not on the boat yet - I think I will wait to see if the team gets on board first!

CoCo

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2403106 said:
12-4 ...thats my story and I am sticking too it.

12-4! Hence the name. ;)

There is no doubt this team is hamstrung severely without Romo. His healthy return is paramount. Do I think Wade and the players could circle the wagons if forced to go with Bollinger or Johnson at QB? No. I'd love for that to be the character of this team but so far it clearly is not. Perhaps it will develop in time.

Assuming Tony is back in the line-up next week I think this team will be equally as good as anyone else in the NFC East although maybe not superior.

So I'll predict wins at home over SF, Seattle & Baltimore and cross my fingers for a split of the other 4 games against other playoff competitors (at Skins, vs NYG, at Pit, at Philly) which I think will be plenty challenging on talent alone. I might even hedge a bit and say 9-7.

But if we start recapturing some chemistry on both sides of the ball there remains great upside for this team even in 2008. I am neutral on whether they will or not. The last few weeks have made that unpredictable IMO.

superpunk

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2403139 said:
I can't make heads or tails of your post.

You sound totally negative on the team and yet predict a win in Wash and a 9-7 finish. You know they can easily finish worse than 9-7 if things are truely that bleak.

I can't possibly conciebe of a 9-7 finish if they win in DC. I'm assuming you're giving them wins over SF and Seattle. That would put them at 8-4!

You think they go on from there to lose to Pit, NYG and Phila, with a win over Bal?

Guess it could play out that way.
We lost to the Rams - badly.

Anything is possible.

I think this is a team that is capable of winning it all, and because of that they will beat some bad teams and they might even rip teams like the Steelers and Ravens - an out of conference opponent. But when the chips are down in tough divisional games, I can't see this team being led to victory by the stumbling, bumbling loser who coaches them now. He is what he is, I don't think it can be denied anymore.

That's subject to change - maybe the players find it in themselves to inspire themselves to be better than the sum of their parts week in and week out. But right now, I can't really see us winning more than 4 more games. It's going to take an MVP performance from Romo to even have a shot at 4 wins IMO.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I am already on record for 8-8. I think this team is soft and gutless and ill stand by that till they prove different. This team is too focused on titty bars and booze to take this season serious. Blah.

CoCo

Reaction score
superpunk;2403116 said:

Then get ready to change your opinion because I definitely predict there'll be weeks that encourage (like the Bucs game). I'm not just not confident at this point that it will be a trend.

:)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think we will start 3-0 after the BYE and do no worse than split (2-2) down the stretch.

Its either 10-6 or 9-7.

Ill go 10-6 to be optimistic.

We also need to start cheering for who ever is playing the Commanders & Eagles every week.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now? 11-5 or 10-6. Currently, the team isn't demonstrating that they even desire to go undefeated from this point forward. One or two more loses are very realistic in my opinion.

This would be a good question to ask again in December. By then, my opinion may change again, but I doubt that I will up my predictions beyond what I've said here.

Eskimo

Reaction score
With our run defense as it is we're likely going to finish out 8-8 and miss the playoffs (that's assuming Romo is back after the bye). I see losses to NYG, Pittsburgh, Washington and one other team (maybe Philly).