News: Let's throw aside some of the complaining excuses used

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Also giving a flippant response will result in a beat down.
Yeppers,,, and that generally entails the whole danged trailer park rallying in support of their fellow dweller,,,o_O

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team is capable of going as far as the coaching staff will take it. The only thing that has held this team back the last 4 years is coaching. I am excited about the upcoming season and our players. However, I will be pissed if the coaching fails, and I won't run around blowing sunshine up everybody's blowhole as SOME do after every disaster in the last 20 years. That said, every board needs their Micky Spagnolas, so carry on, I enjoy the warm sensation.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Exactly, oh great seed sower of the great white north, as that's precisely why an early round draft of O.L. reinforcement was deemed imperative.
:starspin:

lol @ great seed sower! You should see my kids then you would probably say "you planted your seeds too deep" . As far as imperative, it's imperative that seed be sown right side up and not too deep:laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is well thought out. I write for a living. I'd rather read a well thought out piece than one that is flawlessly constructed and vacuous. Good job. I understand fans' frustration with the Cowboys. I grew up in the Landry era when winning was taken for granted and championships were possible every year. I do understand why people are frustrated.

That said, the Cowboys have changed philosophies and improved in the areas you mentioned. Save for the season Goodell ruined, the Cowboys have flourished in the regular season. I was in the stands when Dallas beat Kansas City the last game before Elliott's suspension. That team was strong. The suspension ended the season -- too much distraction and a team constructed as the Cowboys were couldn't afford to lose Elliott for that length of time. Maybe they are better protected now.

The Cowboys need to take the next step -- true playoff success. But winning in the NFL isn't easy. Landry won two titles despite more than two decades of tremendous regular season success. And typically, whichever team is the current "dynasty" -- the Packers, the Steelers, the 49ers, the Cowboys, the Patriots -- claim three or more titles before they are done (the Packers were at the end of their run and won just two in the Super Bowl era).

But I see no point in harping on 20-plus years of playoff disappointment. There isn't any doubt the organization was seriously, seriously flawed during most of that time. Many of those flaws have been corrected. If Dallas continues on its current track, there will be playoff success. There will probably be another Super Bowl or two. If Garrett doesn't get it done soon, he will be gone. I'm going to enjoy the ride. In more than five decades of fandom, I've enjoyed five Super Bowl titles. As you get older, you realize they are rare. I'm anxious for the next one.

Nice add...and some strong thoughts.:):starspin:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bye,

as if a degree in journalism was demonstrated...I'll forward a decoder ring. But one appears to enjoy silver spoon feedings...

Oh, and that was English without the dominant and insultive second person used above.
People are trying to give you a constructive critique, not insult you. If you can not accept this offering with the civility it was offered then you will have earned the curmudgeon persona with which people attribute to you.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Unless insulted, I don't think you have discussed topic once...
I for one read the whole post and like it a lot. Didn't see anything about the secondary but the rest was great. Positive, which is something that is always nice to see. I am curious to see if our DLine is going to punish qb's and the oppositions run game this season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I for one read the whole post and like it a lot. Didn't see anything about the secondary but the rest was great. Positive, which is something that is always nice to see. I am curious to see if our DLine is going to punish qb's and the oppositions run game this season.

Thank you Sir. I had to cut out some of the complete details...and leave that to be added/discussed. Just to much length to include in the OP. Thanks for mentioning...it does deserve discussion. I'll start...

The Cowboys have invested deeply into it's cornerbacks. They are a good group and have both size and speed. There is an All Pro in the group. They do deserve mentioning:

Byron Jones
Jordan Lewis
Chidobe Awuzi
Anthony Brown
Michael Jackson

The safety group includes:

Xavier Woods
Kavon Frazier
Jeff Heath
George Iloka
Jameil Showers
Darian Thompson
Donovan Wilson

CCBoy

Reaction score
In the group of undrafted rookies, are 3 players with 3.9 speed in the 40. That should really elevate the competition in camp. Two are receivers and one is a secondary player.

CB Chris Westry
WR Jalen Guyton
WR Jon’Vea Johnson

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bryan: Defensive backs coach/passing game coordinator Kris Richard agrees with you and that’s why they went the direction they did. I like the additions of Christian Covington and Kerry Hyder as well to help the defensive line. Group should be better as a whole.

Rob: That’s the way the Cowboys see it, and that was the rationale for the Trysten Hill pick: If the front four is dominant, the safeties will play better on the back end. Historically, safety just hasn’t been a high draft or free agent priority. The money and picks have gone mostly to cornerbacks and linemen.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-the-best-cowboys-draft-class-ever

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I won't cry if JG is let go by the FO. I know the fans on here have zero say and I'm great with that!. I won't eat crow if he takes us to the NFL championship either. can't imagine dissing a coach or player for 10 years then doing an about face to save face.

I agree. I just don't think Jerry hiring another head coach is the only thing holding this team back. He's hired 5 of them since the Cowboys last CCG.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I agree. I just don't think Jerry hiring another head coach is the only thing holding this team back. He's hired 5 of them since the Cowboys last CCG.

I don't think it's the full answer, if it was every team that hired a new HC would see instant success. And yes we've had a few between Johnson and Garret. Granted, few with the talent that's on this team. We'll see how Moore does as OC, that's step 1

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Tex Shramm made his 3 things simple:
1. Stability at QB
2. Stability at Head Coach
3. Stability at Ownership

See the New England Patriots. As for the Cowboys we have uncertainty at QB, certainty at Head Coach that he can not coach, and mental instability at Ownership (but it is getting better).

CCBoy

Reaction score
These players should have lot to say just how tough the Dallas defense becomes:

Christian Covington
Kerry Hyder
Taco Charlton
Randal Gregory
Daniel Wise
Ricky Walker
Trysten Hill
Joe Jackson
Jalen Jelks