Lewis over Jones

Techsass

Reaction score
Earlier somebody commented on our short term memory. Guilty as charged, I guess. So would that be on Baker or Eberflus?

I actually thought our DBs were better last season.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

sbark

Reaction score
No technique? It was basically do as you please?
What the heck?
Does anyone still think we don't need a new coach and a new culture?
So another position group not "coached up"? 1st the wr now the db'/s
the lb'rs coach throws out a call that s.lee had to tell him was impossible to execute

The buck stops where on overall quality control

DiResta

Reaction score
What the heck?
it may be surprising but i get the feeling nfl coaches dont necessarily teach route running or basic techniques
obviously everybody is different and has their own way of doing things -im not taking sides i like that they are teaching details
heres what Hurns said about it coming from Jacksonville

"Sanjay is a big technique guy. He’s all about the details so each and every day he points out the little things as far as route running. With route running, there’s a lot that goes into it. When you get tired, you can get away from the fundamentals and things like that. A lot of coaches don’t really teach the details as far as route running. Having him will help this group a lot. I think he’ll be a great transition for us."

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What the heck?

the coach you are whining about replaced near half the position coaches and brought in guys who were great technical teachers like Alexander, Lal, and Richard. IOw, the issue was fixed by the one you are whining about.

And yes repeatedly complaining about something you have no chance of changing to a third person is whining.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hold up.......are we now saying Byron Jones has long-term future with Cowboys? Remember he's a free agent meaning we have three choices, let him walk, sign to a long-term deal or franchise tag. Just my take, but unless he can play (CB ) at level worthy of a new deal, I'm not in wasting time to see him walk at end of the season. Other words, he may start but if after a few games, he's only average, I'm benching him one my younger players ( Brown ). But if he's balling, probably have to tag him.....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I thought the consensus among the 5 posters that think Byron is a good CB was that he matches up better on the inside? Lewis and Awuzie should the two starters on the outside

Know this may sound strange but this kid may actually be our best slot CB........yes even as good as he is outside.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Know this may sound strange but this kid may actually be our best slot CB........yes even as good as he is outside.

Lewis will excel at either slot or outside corner but the point that many are missing here is that Lewis is the superior cover corner over Jones and his skill set is being over looked simply because he’s 1/2 inch shorter than Jones. Still it’s early and the new DB coach might realize this but some coaches stick to their templates and ignore talent...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
the coach you are whining about replaced near half the position coaches and brought in guys who were great technical teachers like Alexander, Lal, and Richard. IOw, the issue was fixed by the one you are whining about.

And yes repeatedly complaining about something you have no chance of changing to a third person is whining.
Who hired them?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hold up.......are we now saying Byron Jones has long-term future with Cowboys? Remember he's a free agent meaning we have three choices, let him walk, sign to a long-term deal or franchise tag. Just my take, but unless he can play (CB ) at level worthy of a new deal, I'm not in wasting time to see him walk at end of the season. Other words, he may start but if after a few games, he's only average, I'm benching him one my younger players ( Brown ). But if he's balling, probably have to tag him.....
Cowboys have a 5th year option on Byron.

cern

Reaction score
Wrong. Garret picks his own staff.
Not any more. Do you think richard came here having already been a dc and interviewing to be a hc. Do you think he took a lower ranking job here without assurances a big promotion is in his future. Garrett's on the outs.

NotForLong

Reaction score
His experience is in the slot but he physically is built more like an outside guy in Richard's system.
Lewis is a prototype slot CB. I expect he takes that job fairly quickly.

Dallas has 4 starting caliber CBs which is what you want because these guys do get dinged.
And it's nice to have your 4th guy be better than your 2nd guy playing at 75%.
:clap::clap::clap: