Lewis over Jones

NotForLong

Reaction score
the coach you are whining about replaced near half the position coaches and brought in guys who were great technical teachers like Alexander, Lal, and Richard. IOw, the issue was fixed by the one you are whining about.

And yes repeatedly complaining about something you have no chance of changing to a third person is whining.
Garrett is Smart enough to make adjustments to the staff. He was able to recognize the weaknesses and snuff them out. Now we all have to hold our breathe and hope he can make the necessary in game adjustments at the critical moments.

I think he recognizes the writing is on the wall, and is going all in to secure is position.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All can say is it's so wonderful to have this "problem".

Byron Jones, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, Chidobe Awuzie,......what a difference from the Campo nightmare years of Derek Ross, Pete Hunter, Duane Goodriche, Mario Edwards.

I can remember the pride by which Jerry Jones characterized those drafts as he "deftly" moved up and down the draft order.....Kareem Larrimore....Tony Dixon.....They were so bad that you knew the Cowboys were in trouble every single time the opponent threw long. It didn't matter how accurate the pass was because if the receiver didn't catch it then there was sure to be a holding penalty....a really stupid one.

It was always the same.You would get a screen shot of the receiver catching it and racing to the end zone for a TD, a second later Goodriche in the picture running by.......to be followed a second later by that legendary free safety Tony Dixon.

Jones, Brown, Lewis....who cares?They will all see significant playing time....if healthy. The point is, we have them and they will get better because they actually have talent.......and, yes, coaching.
About time we had this problem!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You may be right....... I may be crazy....... but I just may be the lunatic your lookin for,... turn out the lites....... don't try to change me....... you may be right I may be wrong who the **** knows :facepalm::muttley::laugh:
My wife loves the beginning lyrics:

Friday night I crashed your party
Saturday I said I'm sorry
Sunday came and trashed me out again

Every time she hears it, she laughs, points at me and yells: "That's you!".

I love that song...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
My wife loves the beginning lyrics:

Friday night I crashed your party
Saturday I said I'm sorry
Sunday came and trashed me out again

Every time she hears it, she laughs, points at me and yells: "That's you!".

I love that song...

cern

Reaction score
Interesting... who picked Dooley and What's-His-Name? Baker? Who picked that DB guy before Baker too, or whatever his name his?
Jerry brought in Callahan to help garrett and be the oc since garrett was failing in that regard. Same for monte who became forgetful and was replaced by marinelli. Mcclay and stephen are bringing in the coaches now. Everyone brought in by Garrett failed. It was a time to change how things were done.

Corso

Reaction score
Jerry brought in Callahan to help garrett and be the oc since garrett was failing in that regard. Same for monte who became forgetful and was replaced by marinelli. Mcclay and stephen are bringing in the coaches now. Everyone brought in by Garrett failed. It was a time to change how things were done.
My goodness, if this is true... so since he's been hired he's: been stripped of the duty he was hired for, called an on-the-job trainee by his boss, now is a walk-around coach who really has not much (according to Romo) to do with the X's and O's and is a rah-rah guy, and now is being stripped of his ability to hire assistants/coordinators?

Why is he here?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
My goodness, if this is true... so since he's been hired he's: been stripped of the duty he was hired for, called an on-the-job trainee by his boss, now is a walk-around coach who really has not much (according to Romo) to do with the X's and O's and is a rah-rah guy, and now is being stripped of his ability to hire assistants/coordinators?

Why is he here?

Jerry said, “He’s In the family portrait.”

Corso

Reaction score
Jerry said, “He’s In the family portrait.”
HAH HA HA HA HA HAH HA HA!!!!
Full belly laugh here!!
Dangit... I need to start getting ready for this birthday party for someone I don't even know.

cern

Reaction score

Why is he here?
Jerry. But Stephen's going to change that very soon.

Pants

Reaction score
Ah, I see. I’m glad I asked.

Oh, and **** the Commanders.

you get a "like" for sharing my opinion on the Commanders (them's fightin' words to me)

as far as the CB situation, what a great problem to have - and I still have some hope that Marquez White will be good at some point just to pile on; and, as far as who should be on the field, when we are up 14 and the other team needs to throw more, the top 4 will all be on the field in 3 WR sets

Number1

Reaction score
I keep thinking it’s still early and eventually Richards will realize Lewis is just better despite the 1/2 inch or whatever. But let’s say he’s just another one of those stubborn coaches that sticks to his template, how many games before they make the switch?

I’m gonna set the Over/Under to 5 Games till they make the switch. What say you?

Stupid Offseason thread...:mad:

ummm ... http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20171...ameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000897946&tab=videos
... that's why Lewis should not be playing outside

20lbs and 2" in height, not to mention 4 steps faster in a 40, and 10" more leaping ability

jwitten82

Reaction score
I think you mean Lewis should start over Brown.

And it's not 1/2 an inch, it's 3 inches lol.

Byron on the bench makes our team worse.
Its not even about those 3 inches...3 inches more is nothing if you think about it lol

Number1

Reaction score
Everybody gets burned once in a while but some a great deal more than others....

has something to do with how coaches use them, Lewis has a good shot at being a top SCB

playing him outside is silly, and vs Graham *in that situation* was good reason for a new DB coach

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
has something to do with how coaches use them, Lewis has a good shot at being a top SCB

playing him outside is silly, and vs Graham *in that situation* was good reason for a new DB coach

Lewis will excel wherever you place him that’s not my concern here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lewis should start as a slot corner. With the amount of time the team is in the nickel/dime, there will be essentially 3 starting CB’s: Jones, Awuzie, and Lewis.

I can’t see Brown winning the slot over Lewis, who has great instincts and savvy for a young guy.
Lewis should be the outside starting CB who goes to the slot when necessary. That's how we did it w/ TNew.

kskboys

Reaction score

Is it? Why is it silly? He's played well there, both in college and here, so what makes it silly?