Twitter: Lewis to get more snaps

cowboygo

Reaction score
Took an injury for this staff to figure out what we’ve known for two years. Awesome.
Thats the way it goes around here. Brown saw the field because Scandrick got hurt. LVE saw the field because Lee went down. Baffling at times what the team finds comfort with. In a couple of years, we'll be seeing this headline with Trysten Hill.

JayFord

Reaction score
Why does it take this staff so long to figure out the talented corner with ball tracking skill should be on the field?

this staff makes me ashamed and annoyed to cheer for this team

catiii

Reaction score
Took an injury for this staff to figure out what we’ve known for two years. Awesome.
How many times have we seen this coach keep the best player benched? A LOT. "Or traded away to be a success elsewhere but a bust here!" Oh thanks Mr Echo I'd almost forgotten about that! Yep typical fo sho.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
So Richards had to be coerced into it? That’s lame....waaaaay too late. Brown has been a liability for awhile,the others aren’t selling headlines either. I could care less what idiot Richards thinks...he gets picks on a team who doesn’t. You can throw him in the river with Rod for all I care.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
He played 70% of the snaps in the Eagles game and 60% in the Jets game. Average for a starting Nickel CB is around 70%.

He played 55% in game 1.

Last season he was the starting Nickel CB in 2 full games (Awuzie and Brown each missed a game).

Do Brown and Lewis even play the same position—ie slot corner?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Lewis and Brown both played about 800 snaps in 2017. Brown had 2 INTs and Lewis had 1.

Each had 1 last season.

With Jones limited early in the season and then Brown out recently, Brown and Lewis are not far apart in snaps played already this season.
- Lewis and Awuzie are tied at 1 INT each with zero for Brown and Jones.

Deion retired for 3 full seasons and then returned to the NFL at age 37 and had 3 INTs as a backup or Nickel CB in 9 games.

I'm going to hold off on the anointing oil for Lewis.

Nonsense

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care about responses from the bottom 50%...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do Brown and Lewis even play the same position—ie slot corner?

Yes.

Brown has been the starting Nickel (slot) CB since the beginning of 2018 which was Kris Richard's first season.

When Lewis has played in 2018 and 2019, it has been at Nickel CB (covering the slot WR).

When Awuzie missed a game last season, Brown moved to outside CB and Lewis played Nickel CB.

This season they limited the snaps for Jones early. If Jones was out they generally had Brown replace him on the outside and Lewis played Nickel CB.

The funniest issue is that many people claim Lewis is better than Awuzie and some claim he is better than Jones.
- They make this claim despite Lewis not playing outside CB in 2018/2019.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats the way it goes around here. Brown saw the field because Scandrick got hurt. LVE saw the field because Lee went down. Baffling at times what the team finds comfort with. In a couple of years, we'll be seeing this headline with Trysten Hill.

That's not really true about Vander Esch.
- In game 2 of 2018, Lee played 60% of the snaps and Vander Esch played 41%.
- The 1st game Lee missed was game 4.
- They were ramping up snaps for Vander Esch regardless of Lee, but it just got accelerated due to Lee's injury issues.

Brown was playing extensive snaps before Scandrick went to IR.

Brown's snaps in 2017. Scandrick was injured in game 12 and done for the season.
1 91.20%
2 100.00%
3 100.00%
4 100.00%
5 98.30%
6 92.40%
7 98.30%
8 100.00%
9 93.80%
10 96.90%
11 92.60%