Like the culture Shultz team rep

CowboysRule

Reaction score
This is exactly why there are so many injuries today. The best way to not get hurt is to never get out of shape in the first place.

La'el Collins is a perfect example.
I don't disagree. But they are human and likely not sustaining that shape year round. It better they get in shape now rather than going into games with no conditioning to speak of.

ESisback

Reaction score
The soft athletes of today.

I laughed the other day when LeBron was rolling around like a Argentinian soccer player.

Now football players barely practice.

Silly.

E, when you’re right, you’re right!

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
When we're standing at the podium, confetti falling, lifting that Lombardi trophy, we will be able to look back at this moment and realize it was the critical first step in our return to glory ;)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When we're standing at the podium, confetti falling, lifting that Lombardi trophy, we will be able to look back at this moment and realize it was the critical first step in our return to glory ;)
You mean firing Garrett?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Anyone know how Schultz became the player rep? Was there a team vote?

i-am-your-king-i-didnt-vote-for-you-monty-22041098.png

GMO415

Reaction score
Wait....you mean the players actually care beyond getting drafted? Culture shock!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many had bonuses tied to participation? Money is a very big driver of culture and many other things.
I would be curious to know if they can tie bonuses to participation since OTA's are technically supposed to be voluntary rather than something the team compels a player to participate in. Seems the NFLPA might have an issue with that.

I'm sure teams don't present OTA's to players as purely voluntary, but requiring participation to get a bonus would be overtly circumventing the voluntary aspect.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would be curious to know if they can tie bonuses to participation since OTA's are technically supposed to be voluntary rather than something the team compels a player to participate in. Seems the NFLPA might have an issue with that.

I'm sure teams don't present OTA's to players as purely voluntary, but requiring participation to get a bonus would be overtly circumventing the voluntary aspect.

Teams do tie bonuses to voluntary OTAs and other things like workouts. I think Rodgers had a $500k bonus for showing up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, I recall a few Cowboys who sat out. Canady and a FB? They were all voluntary.

This is voluntary too. Players have bonuses tied to participation. Just a fact. I have to show up for work everyday. I can volunteer to go into the office or I can telework right now. My choice. I don’t volunteer to go into the office. Now, if my employer offered a $5000 bonus for those who show up at the office, well, then, hey boss, see you in the office.

Lots of people took non-voluntary pay cuts last year too.

Kudos to those who showed up, for whatever reason even if it was money. I don’t blame them. I would do the same thing. I wouldn’t want a pay on the back for it though if it were money.
Thanks for staying out of my morning drive. I wish more people would.