Lincoln Riley

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if our locker room contains the same players with their large egos. They don’t care about winning and bringing in Riley isn’t going to change that. That locker room is cancerous. Last year it wasn’t like this. Something changed for the worst between last year/beginning of this season til now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What mysterious powers of football good fortune does Riley possess that makes his name come up so often on this site? And are they powerful enough to overcome the far reaching influences of Jerral Wayne Jones?

Stay tuned true believers!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lincoln Riley has only occasionally coached a game where his team did not have a huge talent advantage. A luxury NFL coaches do not have.

I like Riley. He’s probably a really good college coach. But he’s hardly been tested and certainly has zero NFL experience. And he’s never had a 77 year old sitting in his coaches meetings or dictating player discipline.

Let’s tap the brakes a little.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What many fans overlook or forget NFL head coaching is more than Xs and Os. Hell, that's the easy part IMO coz of coordinators. Their biggest challenge is managing people/players ( motivating, disciplining, trying to maximize their potential) and many, if not most times players/ grown men making 10 times their salary. Just me but I've seen nothing to suggest Lincoln Riley has any more NFL head coaching potential. He has zero NFL experience. Everyone talks about his offense but what we don't hear is other than Clemson the last couple of years, you rarely see a college with killer defense.

BTW.....how's Kliff Kingsbury doing with the Cardinals?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
We need a defensive minded coach to come in and build some semblance of an NFL defense. Consistent QB pressure, take aways, and better field position will help the offense more than any "offensive guru" could.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
We need a defensive minded coach to come in and build some semblance of an NFL defense. Consistent QB pressure, take aways, and better field position will help the offense more than any "offensive guru" could.

We need that DC from the 49ers as our DC. Then we need a TOUGH, offensive (or defensive) coach. Riley looks soft. We need another Harbaugh or someone like Jimmy Johnson. If we want a chance, along with a new HC and DC, we need a new locker room (aka, new roster/rebuild) or a HC that won’t be pushed around and that is tough enough to make these players learn that selfishness is a bad trait to have.

johneric8

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if our locker room contains the same players with their large egos. They don’t care about winning and bringing in Riley isn’t going to change that. That locker room is cancerous. Last year it wasn’t like this. Something changed for the worst between last year/beginning of this season til now.

I know you're smart enough to realize that the players lost belief in carrot after that Rams game so it's easy to see our team was not settled because of last years debacle. Plain an simple we were embarrassed in the playoffs and carrots prints were all over it. The toxicity is from the juice of the carrot and the quicker you accept it, the more sense can be made.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I know you're smart enough to realize that the players lost belief in carrot after that Rams game so it's easy to see our team was not settled because of last years debacle. Plain an simple we were embarrassed in the playoffs and carrots prints were all over it. The toxicity is from the juice of the carrot and the quicker you accept it, the more sense can be made.

Okay. I guess we’ll see this time next year. Like I said, it’s not just the coaches. It’s the players. Their attitudes even if caused by giving up on JG, will take a lot to change.

By the way, the attitudes aren’t because they dislike JG. Quite the contrary actually. The attitudes are present because they know they can get away with whatever they want. Lose? No punishment. Goof around in practice? No punishment. JG nor JJ does anything, so these players, act immature and use this to their advantage. They were one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and they’re acting like it right now. It’s like I said, Dallas is like a playground, except the kids (the players) run the show instead of the teachers (JJ and JG). Plus, I think our players are just egotistical maniacs.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Why would he leave OU to coach JJ circus side show? Right now OU has more respect than the Cowboys.

Bardley1985

Reaction score

I want the 49ers DC. Only guy I want.

Hardline

Reaction score
You're hiring Riley for his offensive system and QB development.
Don't worry about defence with him coming in.
Thats what defensive coordinators are for