Lindsay Lohan pleads no contest in theft

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lindsay Lohan Expected to Serve Jail Term at Home
Wed May 11 2011, 1:41 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress Lindsay Lohan was sentenced on Wednesday to four months in jail after changing her plea and effectively admitting stealing a $2,500 gold necklace from a Los Angeles store.

But Lohan, who was not in court on Wednesday, will likely serve just 16-17 days of her sentence -- most likely under house arrest, officials said.

"I am glad to be able to put this past me and move on with my life and my career," Lohan said in a statement. "I support the judge's decision and hold myself accountable for being in this situation."

Lohan's lawyer entered a no contest plea on behalf of the actress to a reduced misdemeanor theft charge. Under California law, a no contest plea is an admission of guilt.

Lohan, 24, who has been in and out of jail and drug rehab for almost four years, had previously insisted she was not guilty of deliberately walking out of a store in January without paying for the necklace she was wearing.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner sentenced the "Mean Girls" actress to 120 days behind bars, 480 hours community service and ordered her to report to jail on or before June 17.

Read more if you dare: http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1312-lindsay-lohan-expected-to-serve-jail-term-at-home