Twitter: Lions sign CB Mike Jackson off Cowboys practice squad

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
It would be a pretty weak argument. Gregory has 7 sacks in 28 games with the Cowboys, and Quinn has 6 sacks in 5 games with the Cowboys.

I was mistaken on Gregory's games played last year. I thought he had 6 sacks in about half a season, but he played 14 games last year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was mistaken on Gregory's games played last year. I thought he had 6 sacks in about half a season, but he played 14 games last year.

Who knows, Gregory might have the basic talent to perform similarly to Quinn, but unless he gets his stuff together he will never have the chance to prove it. He's already almost 27 with very little to show for his time in the NFL.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Guess we will be picking up several DB's during the offseason.
Whatever you do from here on out Michael just remember ...Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
He could turn into a pretty good player. As long as he starts with the man in the mirror.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's really tough to draft as bad as we did in 2019. 2nd round, Hill, nothing. 3rd round, McGovern, nothing. 4th round, Pollard, some, but not much. 5th round, Jackson and Jackson, cut and nothing. Only goes down hill from there.
So not even any of them good special team players?? :clap:
I think pollard is a good player, but the elliot deal, has made him useless, they are not going to use him as initially planned.
He was supposed to be punt returner, and a dunbar type receiving back, which all got thrown in the closet, for the elliot show.
Just like a circus, jones wants the name act, not a newbie doing any shows.
Plus if pollard were to look better than ewok it would make jerry look stupid, and they cant have that.:thumbup:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It's really tough to draft as bad as we did in 2019. 2nd round, Hill, nothing. 3rd round, McGovern, nothing. 4th round, Pollard, some, but not much. 5th round, Jackson and Jackson, cut and nothing. Only goes down hill from there.

I'm happy with McGovern, Pollard, Joe Jackson, Donovan Wilson, and Jalen Jelks.

We'll see about Hill. I expect he'll be fine. Has the physicality and work ethic. Needs power and development. In others years, he would have been playing a lot, but Covington is delivering this year.

Mike Jackson couldn't make our 53 but just made someone else's. In other years, he would have remained on the 53.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

tumblr_mq57k8PVy71sajlg5o1_250.gif

quickccc

Reaction score
believe it or not, jackson was once a well regarded CB prospect following his 2017 season, but he fell off quite a bit his final year in 2018 at the U"
He has the size, arm length and 40 speed and physical press style the Richard group likes , but he needed work on his game - a summer camp injury certainly did not help matters
and no other NFL team bother to pick him up off waivers during his 53 roster cut.

- imo, ..and if the Cowboys really thought so much to keep Jackson on, they would have thought of and made a roster spot for him on the 53 active
the same sense they did with blake jarwin when they found out the eagles were showing key interest to pouch him from us..

Bottom is we will still be drafting DBs and especially CBs high with 3-4 DBs heading to FA, ..and that include Byron Jones who i think Cowboys will
send him a B-tier offer that will be a take it or leave it deal. imo.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Michael Jackson was an overreaction to missing out on Isaiah Johnson.

Watched him a lot at the U. Wasn't a fan.

Not big on Joe Jackson either.