Listen Cowboys Nation, I know everyone is irritated

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
A “pump the brakes” thread (loser’s bracket) by any other name. Lemme simplify your OP for ya...

“It’s not that bad.”

“It coulda been worse.”

“Wait’ll next year”

Etc, etc, etcetera...
Nah I'm not that type. It should've been worse yes. And the same will happen next year unless big changes are made

GenoT

Reaction score
The Rams were 13-3 for a reason (several reasons, in fact).

CWR

Reaction score
You are who I am talking about. You give me statistic after statistic with no context at all! What do the cowboys do?!!! Why is there defense good? because the offense controls time of possession, and keeps the d fresh, they keep the pass rushers ready to go. They didn't do that. Don't blame me, that is the cowboy way. You can't argue that.

Please give me a break. The defense stood on their own this year. They were good because our lbs are studs, we have two good edge rushers and Richards had his dbs playing stong. Not because we simply played keep away like years past.

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
I'm more feeling like... Same old, same old. Lol, can't even get riled up anymore because I pretty much expect it. I really expected the Cowboys to get outplayed and out coached and that's exactly what happened. It's too bad as this team shows a lot t of heart and does have alot of talent, just no solid direction/coaching. Imagine if McVey was coaching Dallas, they certainly wouldn't have looked like they were stuck in the 90's
A fan can only dream...

CWR

Reaction score
no one thought we might have to score 30 against one of the best offenses in the league?

No, I dont think anyone expected us to win a shoot out. We live and die with our defense now. Thats the make up of the team.

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
Please give me a break. The defense stood on their own this year. They were good because our lbs are studs, we have two good edge rushers and Richards had his dbs playing stong. Not because we simply played keep away like years past.
I agree that the defense stood their own! I ain't disagreeing wth that. But you want to blame
The d and cut the offense slack and that's bs. The cowboy way is to control time of possession and keep the d off the field. That's why we have 4 first round talents on the oline and a top 5 pick at RB

rags747

Reaction score
I don’t think you can win a SB with a mediocre qb. The defense just has to be supreme level all the time and there can be no other letups either. You need a qb that can overcome when the rest of the team is having an off day, I don’t think we have that now.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think you can win a SB with a mediocre qb. The defense just has to be supreme level all the time and there can be no other letups either. You need a qb that can overcome when the rest of the team is having an off day, I don’t think we have that now.
We are 3 players away from a an elite defense.

An edge rusher
DT
S

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Unless we have the 2015 broncos pass rush, ain't happening.

CWR

Reaction score
I agree that the defense stood their own! I ain't disagreeing wth that. But you want to blame
The d and cut the offense slack and that's bs. The cowboy way is to control time of possession and keep the d off the field. That's why we have 4 first round talents on the oline and a top 5 pick at RB

I know damm good and well the offense needs to be better but it is what it is, that isnt going to change in the divisional round of the playoffs all the sudden??

No what we needed was our much heralded defense to ball out, instead they did the opposite.

Our offense wasnt terrible tonight. We scored in the redzone and Dak did actually get going and managed to out dual Goff. The run game sucked though and some of Daks early missed hurt us.

All in all I saw one unit that really struggled mightily the ENTIRE game. They never clicked on defense so if Im pointing my finger thats the first direction it goes in.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

garrett has started 9 QBs in his tenure ...

maybe its time to change QB every 8 games ? , maybe that does the trick .

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
I know damm good and well the offense needs to be better but it is what it is, that isnt going to change in the divisional round of the playoffs all the sudden??

No what we needed was our much heralded defense to ball out, instead they did the opposite.

Our offense wasnt terrible tonight. We scored in the redzone and Dak did actually get going and managed to out dual Goff. The run game sucked though and some of Daks early missed hurt us.

All in all I saw one unit that really struggled mightily the ENTIRE game. They never clicked on defense so if Im pointing my finger thats the first direction it goes in.
Why did they struggle?

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
Why is everyone content that the Rams reached their scoring average ?

Load up the box and force Goff to beat you with his arm , straight up , which would have rendered play-action meaningless...........................Had the defense played marginally better , they could have actually won the game.........................
Bingo!