Listen Cowboys Nation, I know everyone is irritated

CWR

Reaction score
You are who I am talking about. You give me statistic after statistic with no context at all! What do the cowboys do?!!! Why is there defense good? because the offense controls time of possession, and keeps the d fresh, they keep the pass rushers ready to go. They didn't do that. Don't blame me, that is the cowboy way. You can't argue that.

In one breath you say the defense is good because we keep them off the field the next reply you tell me you know the defense stood on their own.

Then you blame tonights lackluster defense on not getting enough rest because of bad offensive series. Yet you ignore the fact they were tired from the opening kick off. You give it a rest man. Your full of crap.

ICP

Reaction score
If Jerry can afford a $250mil boat, couldn’t he afford a better coaching staff?
I honesty have no clue, we know he can afford it but the real question is why doesn't he WANT it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Before the season if you would have said that they would win the division and a playoff game, you got labeled a homer.

The team got better over the year on both sides of the ball and exceeded expectations. We have a young talented roster including key positions like OL, RB, DE, LB, and CB. Players that started to emerge like Smith, LVE, Jones, Gallup, LC, Gregory, and Jarwin are still early in their learning curves.

I like what the team accomplished.

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
In one breath you say the defense is good because we keep them off the field the next reply you tell me you know the defense stood on their own.

Then you blame tonights lackluster defense on not getting enough rest because of bad offensive series. Yet you ignore the fact they were tired from the opening kick off. You give it a rest man. Your full of crap.
Listen. The defense still has to hold
There own even if they are on the field for 1 minute of the whole entire game. What don't you understand? Yes the d held there own all year. No one disagrees with that sentiment. The fact of the matter is that the cowboy recipe for success is to keep the d fresh by controlling time of possession on the offensive side of the ball and if you disagree with that you obviously don't watch football.

Reaction score
Listen Cowboys Nation, I know everyone is irritated , annoyed, pissed off, ETC.

But I see a bunch of ridiculousness. The fact of the matter is... this team just got rolled over. If you paid attention I said TEAM. Coaching and players.

If I were to put an assessment on this game, I would put more of the failings upon the coaching staff. Yes I will give Garrett credit. He was gutsy, took risks. Went for it on fourth down when needed. I will give him that.

The coordinators.. now that's a different story.
Sure you can blame the defense for giving up over 250 yards rushing. Guess what they were on the field for over 36 minutes of the game. Oh, they also played nickel for most the game. I love Kris Richard but he played nickel way too much. Jared Goff had a 53% completion percentage and 186 yards. How about playing more base, stopping the run and forcing Goff to beat you from the pocket. At least I could live with Goff beating us.

As for Scott Linehan, you have to go my man. If you are a coordinator in the NFL, and are simply stubborn enough to say, "this is what we do and we will line up and try to beat you every game," then you are not good sir. Look at Sean McVay he ran a jet sweep motion maybe 7-10 times throughout the game. He was patient enough to let that work until he needed it (Robert woods jet sweep). I simply do not believe Scott Linehan "schemed" anything in particular for this rams defense. That is flat out embarrassing.

Dak Prescott is not the future of the cowboys. Say what you want about his "leadership, toughness, intangibles" whatever. All that is just fluffer in my mind. The guy is inaccurate, he does not anticipate, and after 3 years in the league he still has some of the worst footwork in the NFL. You know what "leadership" is??? Leadership is a damn baller. Leadership is Aaron Rodgers. You think anyone likes Aaron Rodgers off the field? Hell no. He's a weirdo, but guess what he gets it done. The cowboys will extend Dak, and the cowboys will be in purgatory until he fixes his issues.

The definition of insanity is to doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. That is the definition of the Cowboys. The NFL is a diverse league. Different players, different coaches, different schemes. In order
To succeed you must be able to scheme and game plan accordingly. That is not what happened tonight. The cowboys are good enough to "do what they do" and make the playoffs. But as you can see they will never make a deep run if they continue to "do what they do."

My point is, everyone on this forum will point out the obvious without putting anything into context. Sure blame the defense, without pointing out they were on the field for over 36 minutes. Sure blame zeke, when he didn't have any running lanes, any special schemes runs.

Let's give blame to the real problem. Coaching is very important in this league. The cowboys have a very talented roster but without coaching it is mush. The point of coaching is to put your players in the best possible position to succeed, and they simply didn't do that tonight.

The Dallas Cowboys got beat at there own game by a team that I think, position to position isn't better than them. If you go position by position, talent for talent I don't think the Rams are better than the cowboys. If they are, it's not by much.

Like I said, this comes back to a failure in the coaching staff. I hope they can get a good OC this offseason with someone that can fix Dak's issues. If not this will be the story every year.

The buck stops anywhere but the man who was hired in 2007 and is the SINGULAR LEADER OF THE TEAM: Jason Garrett

Just for shirts and giggles, just how many more years can Garrett blame

CWR

Reaction score
Listen. The defense still has to hold
There own even if they are on the field for 1 minute of the whole entire game. What don't you understand? Yes the d held there own all year. No one disagrees with that sentiment. The fact of the matter is that the cowboy recipe for success is to keep the d fresh by controlling time of possession on the offensive side of the ball and if you disagree with that you obviously don't watch football.

Exactly

CWR

Reaction score
If you want some stats, this team only won 2 games all year in which they didn't win the time Of possession battle. They beat the saints because they kept the saints offense to 23 minutes on the field.

You know buddy, Im not a complete moron. I get the concept, hell I support it. That doesnt mean the defense didnt play like complete and utter crap tonight. I realize a long clock draining drive or two could've helped. But the way our defense played I have zero faith, even if they had all the rest in the world that we could get a stop.

The Rams kept the ball for so long because we simply couldn't stop them. They controlled the clock with the run game, like a souped up version of us.

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
You know buddy, Im not a complete moron. I get the concept, hell I support it. That doesnt mean the defense didnt play like complete and utter crap tonight. I realize a long clock draining drive or two could've helped. But the way our defense played I have zero faith, even if they had all the rest in the world that we could get a stop.

The Rams kept the ball for so long because we simply couldn't stop them. They controlled the clock with the run game, like a souped up version of us.
Two different points of view. Screw it not
Going to keep this going lol you have yours and I have mine. Agree to disagree.

Reactions: CWR

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
The buck stops anywhere but the man who was hired in 2007 and is the SINGULAR LEADER OF THE TEAM: Jason Garrett

Just for shirts and giggles, just how many more years can Garrett blame
We shall see. I just read today they are looking to extend him.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Sure, the offense could've been better, but I'm pretty sure everyone on the offensive side of the ball expected the defense to do their job... which is what they've done all year.... not allowing teams to rush for nearly as much as 273 yards.

When your strongest aspect looks absolutely pathetic, and your defense don't even come close to meeting expectations, you expect the offense to dig you out of the 50 foot hole that you dug for yourself?

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
Sure, the offense could've been better, but I'm pretty sure everyone on the offensive side of the ball expected the defense to do their job... which is what they've done all year.... not allowing teams to rush for nearly as much as 273 yards.

When your strongest aspect looks absolutely pathetic, and your defense don't even come close to meeting expectations, you expect the offense to dig you out of the 50 foot hole that you dug for yourself?
Just had this discussion with another guy. Agreed the d didn't play well. But Isn't the whole point of having the ball on offense not only to score but possess the ball? Hard playing defense when you are on the field
Over 36 min in the game. Not excusing the d but all I'm saying is the one time the defense slipped the offense couldn't throw them a bone. And that's a big problem in my eyes.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Just had this discussion with another guy. Agreed the d didn't play well. But Isn't the whole point of having the ball on offense not only to score but possess the ball? Hard playing defense when you are on the field
Over 36 min in the game. Not excusing the d but all I'm saying is the one time the defense slipped the offense couldn't throw them a bone. And that's a big problem in my eyes.

Yes, but my point is that the defense is expected to stop them at least a couple of times. But we couldn't even do it once in the first half. I just think the defense played bad before the offense did. They were out of it early and it persisted into the rest of the half. The offense did no favors by not possessing the ball enough in the first half, but I just think the defense played worse. No doubt about it that the offense struggled until a bit of life in the 2nd half though.

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
Yes, but my point is that the defense is expected to stop them at least a couple of times. But we couldn't even do it once in the first half. I just think the defense played bad before the offense did. They were out of it early and it persisted into the rest of the half. The offense did no favors by not possessing the ball enough in the first half, but I just think the defense played worse. No doubt about it that the offense struggled until a bit of life in the 2nd half though.
Reciprocal relationship. D couldn't get off the field and the O didn't do them any favors in possessing the ball.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Raise your hand if you TRULY think that if the Cowboys scored 31 points, they still win the game?

Anyone? ..... Anyone? .... I'm waiting .....

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
Raise your hand if you TRULY think that if the Cowboys scored 31 points, they still win the game?

Anyone? ..... Anyone? .... I'm waiting .....
I mean it would have been one more point than the rams... I think that's a win.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I mean it would have been one more point than the rams... I think that's a win.
With the way our defense was playing, I have little doubt that the Rams could have scored as many points they needed to win.

JMHO