Live Music

triplets_93

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/travis-s...-crowd-surge-6c697502318c50ba4b57aa1c6f71f9bf

Amy Harris, a freelance photographer for The Associated Press, described an “aggressive” crowd atmosphere throughout the day because of the way fans were behaving — pushing and rushing the stage barricades and prohibited VIP and admission areas.

“It was definitely the most chaotic festival environment that I’ve been in,” Harris said. “I felt uneasy all day.”

At one point, she got trapped behind a barricade while photographing performer Don Toliver because about 300 fans rushed the area. They ended up behind the security barricade with her.

“I was scared,” she said.

This video has context for how the crowd was stationed in the daytime. There appears to be an area, for the VIP's near the front that has a lot of room, but probably filled up by the time the main act came onstage. What has not yet been revealed, is where exactly the crush of fans was that caused the injuries and deaths. Was it at the very front of the stage, or was it at some barrier area section before that? Also, did fans jump over barriers to get to the section near the stage? Many unanswered questions at this time.

Last edited:

triplets_93

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/travis-s...-crowd-surge-6c697502318c50ba4b57aa1c6f71f9bf

Amy Harris, a freelance photographer for The Associated Press, described an “aggressive” crowd atmosphere throughout the day because of the way fans were behaving — pushing and rushing the stage barricades and prohibited VIP and admission areas.

“It was definitely the most chaotic festival environment that I’ve been in,” Harris said. “I felt uneasy all day.”

At one point, she got trapped behind a barricade while photographing performer Don Toliver because about 300 fans rushed the area. They ended up behind the security barricade with her.

“I was scared,” she said.

Good reporting and interviews

RaZon

Reaction score
This is my fav version of Mojo Hand, stripped down with just the acoustic guitar and the way he beats and slaps on it, just can't get that with the electric.

I hear ya, and hard to beat Lightnin' Hopkins when it comes to them blues.

I have his first recordings from 1946, his piano player was called Thunder Smith so......Sam "Lightnin' " Hopkins just made sense. That 1946 stuff what you expect from Hopkins, great stuff.

Smith only recorded with Hopkins then a record or two.....poof gone!