Live near the Rocky Mountain states? Need opinions!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The Snowies are pretty great if you’re looking for remote and mountains.

If you’re tooling around, check out southern Utah, too. A town like St Georges isn’t really what you’re describing, but it’s within 2 hours so Brice, Zion, Lake Powell, the Grand Canyon, and Vegas. It’s a good hub for seeing that part of the country, and those are some great stops on any road trip.
I concur, yet, that A.O. does get cold enough on winter nights to maintain a slight dusting of snow on the ground during the days also,,,a person really should listen to MARTY ROBBINS " RED HILLS OF UTAH " before tooling thru that 4 corner ,Mexican hat A.O. to fully appreciate what the dude was passionately sing about,,, I'd tooled thru Brice a couple of years ago& stopped at a roadside antique store,,,it was an hive of eclectic road warriors stopped there milling about, folks from,Japan,the Netherlands, spines like MELONFEUD Too! :)

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Ha,you gotta' love a good smoke screen once the targets already been bracketed,,,the casual talk up in Fort Collins Colorado From the yuppies I'd talked to followed pretty much along this line: " oh,no, if you go further north you will be in WYOMING & they do not like ANYBODY with Colorado plates",,,:lmao2:
( straight up truth, that's what the yuppies proclaimed to me)
There is some truth to that. There is a stretch of river in Wyoming called the "Miracle Mile" that has some of the best trout fly fishing in the west. That place is always loaded with vehicles from Colorado. Some of our best hunting spots, too (thankfully the game and fish limits the amount of out of state tags distributed).

People in Wyoming are generally friendly people. But they prefer that you visit, have a great time, and then go back home. They actually used to sell a bumper sticker that, basically, said the same thing (and this was way back even in the 80s).

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I actually am looking at Wyoming as well. The only two issues that concern me there is internet coverage outside of the larger cities and also the wind is horrible there.
The wind in Wyoming is overblown, tbh (no pun intended). The wind is the worst in the eastern and central parts of the state. As far as internet services all the places I visited had cable internet with pretty high speeds, IIRC. The hospital in Casper is one of the best I've ever been to (though my experience with them is limited, I would choose Central Wyoming medical center over the few I've been to in Arizona. One being Banner Medical Center). However, if I were to move to Wyoming, Casper would not be my first choice (though I lived there for 27 years). The western part of the state would be where I had my eye. Specifically, Lander or Riverton. Both are within a couple hours of Casper and the hunting and fishing in that area are world class (if that's important to you).

Good luck in your search, my friend.

Sammy

Reaction score
I don't live there now, so I don't know about internet access, but I loved Durango CO in the early 90's. It's only a couple hundred miles to Albuquerque if you need something that's not available locally.

Sammy

Reaction score
Which college team(s) do you follow? I'd move somewhere that I could attend their games if I didn't want to live close to my favorite NFL team.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which college team(s) do you follow? I'd move somewhere that I could attend their games if I didn't want to live close to my favorite NFL team.
While I love sports, sports teams are not a factor in where I live. I will likely support any sports team near where I live unless its an NFL team playing the Cowboys :D