Looks like Eagles lost out on McNeill on a small trade down

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Small bit of comfort in this news since he was my favorite player in the draft

https://sports.yahoo.com/lions-gm-brad-holmes-looks-123147092.html

A video surfaced recently of the Eagles war room after their third-round selection, and boy, do they look mad and frustrated even with Eagles GM Howie Roseman trying to lift spirits. <snip>The Eagles then immediately took DT Milton Williams with the 73rd pick, but it looks like they may have had their hearts set on McNeill from the get-go, turning the Eagles war room sour real quick feeling they had the player in hand with McNeill but had to settle with Williams.

Sydla

Reaction score

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m a big fan of anything to make anyone associated with the eagles upset.
Judging by how critical all those high profile scouting trips we sent people on ended up being, there was no we were ever going to consider him

Aven8

Reaction score
Well that’s what happens. I’m sure the Gents weren’t happy either when they selected Smith.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who is the old haired guy at the end if the clip? He is so pissed

DFWJC

Reaction score
The story up here is that it wasn't McNeill, it was Robinson, the CB from UCF. Eagles had a clear need at CB and the scouts loved Robinson. When the Eagles traded down, the Giants slid in and took Robinson at 71.
Giants badly wanted to screw the eagles after they trade up and stole Devonte Smith from them in the 1st.
:muttley:

Creeper

Reaction score
I thought the Giants did a nice job moving around into good positions to draft some quality players. We knew they were going to get a good WR in the first, but having Ojulari fall to them in the second was great luck. They got a good player there. Then moving up for Robinson in the 3rd was brilliant. I wish the Cowboys had moved up in the 3rd. I thought with 3 3rd round picks they would try to move up into the 2nd or at least to the top of the third. Would have preferred McNeill to Odighizuwa.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I thought the Giants did a nice job moving around into good positions to draft some quality players. We knew they were going to get a good WR in the first, but having Ojulari fall to them in the second was great luck. They got a good player there. Then moving up for Robinson in the 3rd was brilliant. I wish the Cowboys had moved up in the 3rd. I thought with 3 3rd round picks they would try to move up into the 2nd or at least to the top of the third. Would have preferred McNeill to Odighizuwa.
Both Mcneil and Osa were good prospects I wanted. Think some of you are sleeping on Osa.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of anything to make anyone associated with the eagles upset.

Same. Makes our trade down even better!! If the Eagles are mad, then I'm happy that we screwed over the Giants and the Eagles. Anything to screw over our division rivals, the better.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I don't think we would have drafted McNeill over Osa. I don't think we were looking for that kind of player that early, even if we should have been.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't think we would have drafted McNeill over Osa. I don't think we were looking for that kind of player that early, even if we should have been.
I agree. Plus, it really seemed like we wanted guys with long arms. I'm not sure what McNeil measured, but we know Osa had the length they appeared to value.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I agree. Plus, it really seemed like we wanted guys with long arms. I'm not sure what McNeil measured, but we know Osa had the length they appeared to value.
McNeil 32 5/8 arms