Losing Gregory = A Blessing in Disguise

Rodney308

Reaction score
This is not a Randy Gregory hate post or anything like that. I was actually hoping that the Front Office would get him signed. However, we see how things have turned out. I say that this could, indeed, be a blessing in disguise because it forces Jerry to make a major signing. This debacle is clearly embarrassing for the Front Office, and Jerry's ego will not allow him to just take it lightly. Hence, I think Jerry goes all out to sign Von Miller, and maybe even Bobby Wagner. Just my two cents.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
This is not a Randy Gregory hate post or anything like that. I was actually hoping that the Front Office would get him signed. However, we see how things have turned out. I say that this could, indeed, be a blessing in disguise because it forces Jerry to make a major signing. This debacle is clearly embarrassing for the Front Office, and Jerry's ego will not allow him to just take it lightly. Hence, I think Jerry goes all out to sign Von Miller, and maybe even Bobby Wagner. Just my two cents.
Only if they sign Von Miller or Chandler Jones. Maybe Zedarius Smith.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

It was a lot of money for an unproven and unreliable player. When I first saw the news about the Cowboys signing him my reaction was F Cowboys got taken on that one. Then all of a sudden the Broncos news broke and I was thrilled! Now they have to do something with it, lot of good pass rushers out there that can produce atleast what Gregory gave the Cowboys last year.

Thank you Randy for your service and enjoy mile high weed.

sdfidaho

Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing.
Who knows….maybe now they sign a stud FA and it works out well. Then MAYBE they realize they don’t HAVE to keep overpaying their own FA’s
But I doubt it….

basel90

Reaction score
Good riddance . Undisciplined, selfish . Ungrateful. Something always wrong with him . Another long term risky project initiated by Jerry Jones . Mostly a failure . Similar to Jaylon’s project .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It was a lot of money for an unproven and unreliable player. When I first saw the news about the Cowboys signing him my reaction was F Cowboys got taken on that one. Then all of a sudden the Broncos news broke and I was thrilled! Now they have to do something with it, lot of good pass rushers out there that can produce atleast what Gregory gave the Cowboys last year.

Thank you Randy for your service and enjoy mile high weed.

The ESPN article I read said 28 million guarantee? I don’t think that is fleecing anyone. That’s pretty cheap for a good defensive end pass rusher.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I accept the blessing. Randy however it appears has a double agent he is paying

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
At times Randy was the best player on the field - think those in the office figured he'd made the turn. There's more going on with this story than we know imo.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Admittedly I was a little shocked Randy left. Now I’m good with it. He was solid, but he has hit his ceiling. His better days are most likely behind him as he wasted half his career struggling to stay on the field, i.e. drug suspensions, injuries.

I was a big supporter of his. And I wish him well.

Havic

Reaction score
A blessing in disguise as Randy could have some off the field incidents occur. A lot of money for a guy who has been a headache for years in this league. I like him, but he is someone elses problem now.

RS12

Reaction score
Ya think? Stats not necessarily the whole story but played in 50 games and had 16.5 sacks, not a force vs the run. Brittle on top of it. Completely erased in the playoffs vs future HOFer Trent Williams except for his stupidity. Never in 50 years of fandom have I seen so much hype and so little production. Buh bye Randy.

conner01

Reaction score
It doesn’t force him at all
Hopefully he does sign a starter quality DE but I wouldn’t bet money on it being Miller myself

basel90

Reaction score
Jerry has this wet dream that he can charm and court players to stay or bets he will get a discount here and there , and that troubled player becomes a gem . The game is getting old . Betting on the wrong players and following ghosts.
A second round pick . Gregory missed 54 games !!!! For what ??