Losing Gregory = A Blessing in Disguise

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When you lose Cooper, Cedrick Wilson, Collins and Connor Williams which leaves you stuck with McGovern who’s worse I don’t see anything good coming out of losing another good player. Gregory had six sacks and three forced fumbles.

Gregory, (when playing), is a good player.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Glad he's gone. I was done with this dope head punk long ago. Another project that Jerry should have given up on.

Supported this guy through all his problems and look what he does to us last year in a playoff game.
He's still an undisciplined turd.

Let this problem child go to Denver and become their headache. He will always be an undisciplined head case.
Now we have some money to sign a real football player not somebody who should be in a Cheech and Chong movie

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. The Joneses were Saved from their own ridiculous habit of grossly overrating and overpaying their own players. Gregory is a nice player,
Not a great player and his production over 7 years doesn’t even warrant a starting job never mind premium cash.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gregory, (when playing), is a good player.

Which is why the Cowboys offered him a contract but he pulled the rug right out from under them despite the teams loyalty to him.

terra

Reaction score
The Boys bent so far backwords for Gregory it would make a circus contortionist to cry uncle.

The fact that he gave them the finger after all that they put up with him for YEARS tells you all you really need to know about Gregory. He wanted to go to a state where he could get all the pot he wanted and that was all that mattered.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
There were a few games where Gregory DOMINATED last season. But he's never been able to put it together for a full season, has either been injured or suspended. I'd love to see him play here again but I am NOT lamenting losing him either.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy's song...

I was going to sign my contract...then I got high, then I got high, then I got high...
so I signed with Denver, ...then I got high, then I got high, then I got high...

:muttley:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think it's possible that if Gregory can stay healthy, he can be a really great edge.

I KNOW it's possible that Von Miller can. Use the money to go get Von Miller. Guarantee him basically $15M this season and next season with 2 additional years w/o gaurantees after that. Draft an edge and plug the middle. Get some LB depth.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Which is why the Cowboys offered him a contract but he pulled the rug right out from under them despite the teams loyalty to him.

Loyalty works both ways. Gregory, must have been doing something right in order for the Jones family to hold on to him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Loyalty works both ways. Gregory, must have been doing something right in order for the Jones family to hold on to him.

Jerry went out on a limb and gave up a second round pick for him and didn’t want to be proven wrong. The Jones family held onto Jason Garrett for years because Jerry didn’t want to be proven wrong.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry went out on a limb and gave up a second round pick for him and didn’t want to be proven wrong. The Jones family held onto Jason Garrett for years because Jerry didn’t want to be proven wrong.

So why do us fans sometimes, argue about something we have no control over? I still have the same expectation every year for a championship; because that is why they play.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So why do us fans sometimes, argue about something we have no control over? I still have the same expectation every year for a championship; because that is why they play.

A lot of fans seem to think they have control over what happens. In some ways they do because if they’re not showing up to games and or buying merchandise and booing, the team makes changes. Organizations get a good barometer on the mood of the fan base from social media. Jerry and Stephen hear the criticism.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is not a Randy Gregory hate post or anything like that. I was actually hoping that the Front Office would get him signed. However, we see how things have turned out. I say that this could, indeed, be a blessing in disguise because it forces Jerry to make a major signing. This debacle is clearly embarrassing for the Front Office, and Jerry's ego will not allow him to just take it lightly. Hence, I think Jerry goes all out to sign Von Miller, and maybe even Bobby Wagner. Just my two cents.

Gregory made the right choice.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A lot of fans seem to think they have control over what happens. In some ways they do because if they’re not showing up to games and or buying merchandise and booing, the team makes changes. Organizations get a good barometer on the mood of the fan base from social media. Jerry and Stephen hear the criticism.

Lol, but should it take 26 years to react?