Lost in space - netflix (may contain spoilers)

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched it...enjoyed it.

I have heard the name Parker Posey who plays Dr. Smith but do not know her. However when I was watching the first episode I thought it was an older haggard looking Ali Sheedy from her Breakfast club role lol.

The Robot is pretty wicked...I like how it can transform into two different shapes and how you can see when it transform from friendly mode to bad, or battle, mode.

Thought the Jupiter ship itself would be a little bigger. For the sake of the occupants it is about the size of a standard Winnabego vs a huge RV.

Kind of odd that the ships require fuel. We use them in current rockets of course but one would think with future technology (ours or not) that it would be some kind of nuclear or not liquid fuel based. Do not want to spoil it but
I have a feeling the way it ended, the use of liquid fuel may no longer be required.

Not to spoil it again...But one hopes that somehow Will's new friend shows back up to help in their new location.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Watched it...enjoyed it.

I have heard the name Parker Posey who plays Dr. Smith but do not know her. However when I was watching the first episode I thought it was an older haggard looking Ali Sheedy from her Breakfast club role lol.

The Robot is pretty wicked...I like how it can transform into two different shapes and how you can see when it transform from friendly mode to bad, or battle, mode.

Thought the Jupiter ship itself would be a little bigger. For the sake of the occupants it is about the size of a standard Winnabego vs a huge RV.

Kind of odd that the ships require fuel. We use them in current rockets of course but one would think with future technology (ours or not) that it would be some kind of nuclear or not liquid fuel based. Do not want to spoil it but
I have a feeling the way it ended, the use of liquid fuel may no longer be required.

Not to spoil it again...But one hopes that somehow Will's new friend shows back up to help in their new location.
yep. and thanks for adding the disclaimer to the title. wasn't sure who else was watching but this is one you really want to watch on your own. i really liked it.

ali sheedy - yep. i couldn't figure out who she reminded me of, but that is dead on. at first i was mad we had to go make a male part female but dr smith in the original was borderline i suppose. besides, that part is not gender specific and they do a lot with the role to give her a chance to make it her own.

like you - i won't go overboard but i do love how they adapted the storyline to be a group and not a family and the robot / dr smith differences are actually very cool and add a dimension to the story potential.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like it a lot. Haven't watched every episode yet, but I'll probably finish tonight. I've always liked Parker Posey. She usually looks much better. She was in the same Blade movie Jessica Biel was in, she was the bride in The Sweetest Thing (very funny, yet relatively unknown movie), and several other things.

Anyway, I like that they cast her in that role.

I don't want to give away anything, so I'll just say I really like where they took the show. Much better than the original, even aside from the advances in special effects.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
:huh: i didn't realize this was a remake. Title sounded familiar but didn't give it a second thought.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I like it a lot. Haven't watched every episode yet, but I'll probably finish tonight. I've always liked Parker Posey. She usually looks much better. She was in the same Blade movie Jessica Biel was in, she was the bride in The Sweetest Thing (very funny, yet relatively unknown movie), and several other things.

Anyway, I like that they cast her in that role.

I don't want to give away anything, so I'll just say I really like where they took the show. Much better than the original, even aside from the advances in special effects.
yep. normally i hate it when they cast females in male roles. just the trend these days and i HATE frigging trends in general anyway.

for something like logans run - i've rewritten it to be a trilogy and had a lot of fun doing it in my head anyway. on a lark i went out to see what the status of this is and last i heard, the dude who wrote hunger games is working on it and yep - female logan.

but in this case - it just works. won't give anything away but i got over it pretty quick here and just loved watching the first 10 shows.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that I like that Parker plays Dr. Smith or they wrote Dr Smith role in a serious manner instead of a goofy bad guy like Dr Smith in the original show. You know he was to be the bad guy but he was also the comedy relief at the same time meaning he did not present any real danger and nobody took him very serious IIRC.

I was hoping they would do this as a more serious show like they did with the BattleStar Galattica serious and so far they have. They still have a little humor here and there but it appears the West character will provide more of that.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think that I like that Parker plays Dr. Smith or they wrote Dr Smith role in a serious manner instead of a goofy bad guy like Dr Smith in the original show. You know he was to be the bad guy but he was also the comedy relief at the same time meaning he did not present any real danger and nobody took him very serious IIRC.

I was hoping they would do this as a more serious show like they did with the BattleStar Galattica serious and so far they have. They still have a little humor here and there but it appears the West character will provide more of that.
good comparison in battlestar galactica. i loved that reboot and even the off-shoot that showed how the cylons came to be so...human.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Just finished the first season tonight. I really enjoyed it. I loved watching reruns of the original series as a kid. Still sometimes watch it on MeTV. They definitely went more serious than the original series, at least seasons 2 & 3. The BSG comparison is not bad.

Of course I'm not hard to please as I sorta liked the reboot movie they made several years ago.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
good comparison in battlestar galactica. i loved that reboot and even the off-shoot that showed how the cylons came to be so...human.

I didn't watch Caprica but I really enjoyed Blood & Chrome. Wish they went to series with that one.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I been losing my desire to watch new shows for over a year now, i mostly watch one or two episodes and stop. Sux cause i loved binge watching stuff a few years ago. I keep telling myself soon ill watch stuff that i got on my radar and the list just keeps getting longer and longer. :(

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watched it...enjoyed it.

The wife and I just finished binge watching it. Her first words were " Why is that chick from "The Breakfast Club in this? She looks younger than she should."

I had to do a double take and it was a spitting image but I suspected it was Posey from the get go. They looked eerily similar,

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I been losing my desire to watch new shows for over a year now, i mostly watch one or two episodes and stop. Sux cause i loved binge watching stuff a few years ago. I keep telling myself soon ill watch stuff that i got on my radar and the list just keeps getting longer and longer. :(
You're better off....
YtteeJd.jpg

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Awful show. Recommended it to several people off the strength of the pilot episode. Just goes downhill from there. Very bad writing, acting, and pacing.

Parker Posey especially weighs down the show, as does the acting of the middle child who is relegated to mostly one-liners the entire season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Awful show. Recommended it to several people off the strength of the pilot episode. Just goes downhill from there. Very bad writing, acting, and pacing.

Parker Posey especially weighs down the show, as does the acting of the middle child who is relegated to mostly one-liners the entire season.
Strongly disagree with every word. Lol

joseephuss

Reaction score
I found the visual effects stunning. The story was a bit pointless. The repetitive nature of the characters keeping secrets from each other because they thought it was better that way got tiring. It just didn't make sense to keep vital information from each other. I also didn't follow the robot. They left open some holes as to the robot(s) purpose. Could have been better.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I found the visual effects stunning. The story was a bit pointless. The repetitive nature of the characters keeping secrets from each other because they thought it was better that way got tiring. It just didn't make sense to keep vital information from each other. I also didn't follow the robot. They left open some holes as to the robot(s) purpose. Could have been better.
In flashbacks it showed that the Resolute's engine was not of human origin. That an alien ship had crashed on Earth and they used the engine on the Resolute. The robot was trying to retrieve that "stolen" engine and treated them as enemies. Once Will helped him either he realized that humans (or at least Will) were not his enemies or he had lost his programming and just latched on to Will for helping him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
did the power marathon saturday and watched all 10 episodes. much better reboot than i would have expected with some new twists that make it fun to watch.

anyone else "in process" or done watching it?
I have started watching it. Two episodes in thus far. Love the family dynamics and the new robot. Will probably avoid the thread until I catch up. :p

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
did the power marathon saturday and watched all 10 episodes. much better reboot than i would have expected with some new twists that make it fun to watch.

anyone else "in process" or done watching it?
Just got done last week.
  • It was better than the reboot movie they did with that guy from friends Lebanc.
  • Judy is too young for West in the reboot. Looks awkward and a little creepy
  • Will was a little annoying sometimes
  • Loved the robot
I’ll watch season two. Why not...it’s free