Love the moves so far!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We’ll see if you’re just as excited when we’re picking in the top 15 in 2023. Get your popcorn ready!
If we are picking in the top 3 in 2023 then we would be in good position and you would be excited?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Can't argue against that. I'm not making any predictions about the Cowboys winning the SB next season. Just glad they are not doubling down on myth about last year's team.
So true!
That is the Cowboy way to think they can stand pat on teams that look good on paper, but never do squat in the playoffs.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I agree. If Zeke isn't producing before the trade deadline, we should trade him.
I like the idea of trading Zeke, but no team in their right mind would want him, especially with that contract.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. I honestly don’t see us being better. We’re going to lose too many good players and likely downgrade at those positions.

Like I already said, I think the 12-5 record last season reflects two things 1. A team who went 6-0 against the pathetic NFC East. and 2. A 6-6 record including playoffs against the rest of the league. I lean towards the latter as far as what the Cowboys were last season, an average team who could run up points against bad teams.

It's entirely possible that we can be a better team this next season, in the sense that we can shed some overpaid players who are not worth investing in for the future. We can easily fill spots, maybe not with the best talent, but good enough players for far less money. Players who are younger and more hungry who will get better as the season progresses.

I'll take that over what we had last year. A team loaded with overpaid talent who got worse as the season progressed.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah! Glad they are not going the Rams/Bucs route and loading up on old talent.

Wish we could get rid of Zeke but at least he's on notice. He has no choice but to produce to his contract or else!!

Last year's Cowboys were overrated, not really a 12-5 team (6-0 NFC East record doesn't impress me). But we are going the right direction this offseason.

How do you figure the team is getting better when we have literally added no new talent from the "overrated" 12-5 team? The Cowboys aren't making moves they want to make. They are making moves they must make. They tried to re-work Amari's contract to keep him but he wasn't taking a pay cut and the team couldn't afford his contract anymore. So, we "cashed in" a pro bowl caliber wr and Daks most reliable target for a 5th round pick. There is nothing good about that. You want to take heart in the cap savings? OKAY. But they aren't using that money to go out and improve the team. Rather, we are using the savings to re-sign "our guys". Thats not improving but treading water at best.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah! Glad they are not going the Rams/Bucs route and loading up on old talent.

Wish we could get rid of Zeke but at least he's on notice. He has no choice but to produce to his contract or else!!

Last year's Cowboys were overrated, not really a 12-5 team (6-0 NFC East record doesn't impress me). But we are going the right direction this offseason.

Happy that you admitted you are glad they arent trying to be a Superbowl team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we are picking in the top 3 in 2023 then we would be in good position and you would be excited?

Maybe you and a few others would be excited about picking in the top 3 but not me. If some of the fans here own the team that’s exactly what we would be doing. They want to blow it up and trade away all our best players including Zack Martin. Some of the stuff I’ve been reading from fans here is pure comedy.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Maybe you and a few others would be excited about picking in the top 3 but not me. If some of the fans here own the team that’s exactly what we would be doing. They want to blow it up and trade away all our best players including Zack Martin. Some of the stuff I’ve been reading from fans here is pure comedy.
Exaggerate much? I never suggested that this upcoming season was a rebuild year or close to it. Instead my main point is that it looks like the FO recognize that the last years Cowboys team was not really a SB level team or that they could just load up on FAs this off-season and make a run. Nope it is way smarter to unload whatever dead weight they can now and fix their salary cap. Focus on acquiring talent at more reasonable prices.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Exaggerate much? I never suggested that this upcoming season was a rebuild year or close to it. Instead my main point is that it looks like the FO recognize that the last years Cowboys team was not really a SB level team or that they could just load up on FAs this off-season and make a run. Nope it is way smarter to unload whatever dead weight they can now and fix their salary cap. Focus on acquiring talent at more reasonable prices.

I’m not exaggerating there’s fans that want to blow the team up and trade away most of our best players including Zack Martin. By the way my comment you’re responding to was to another poster. I don’t remember accusing you of suggesting anything.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I’m not exaggerating there’s fans that want to blow the team up and trade away most of our best players including Zack Martin. By the way my comment you’re responding to was to another poster. I don’t remember accusing you of suggesting anything.

I'd be interested to see what a semi-intelligent FO could get for Martin. Here, we'd get a 4th rounder and swap a 5th.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what a semi-intelligent FO could get for Martin. Here, we'd get a 4th rounder and swap a 5th.

A semi intelligent FO wouldn’t even consider trading Martin.

Loso86

Reaction score

I agree with cutting bad deals but the team wasn't overrated honestly. If Dak plays a little better we win against the 49ers easily then you never know

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I agree with cutting bad deals but the team wasn't overrated honestly. If Dak plays a little better we win against the 49ers easily then you never know

I mean and here i thought it was the 14 penalties and the 200 rushing yards givin up ooh and yes Dak being 80% on his passing not 70%..teams that give up 120+ yards in penalties and 200 yards rushing dont win playoff games....

Loso86

Reaction score
I mean and here i thought it was the 14 penalties and the 200 rushing yards givin up ooh and yes Dak being 80% on his passing not 70%..teams that give up 120+ yards in penalties and 200 yards rushing dont win playoff games....
That's sounds great it's a team effort I get it, but again when you pay your franchise QB 40m you sort of want him to step it up and make SMART CONSISTENT throws and SMART decisions. Al I'm saying