Love the moves so far!

TheCritic

Reaction score
How do you figure the team is getting better when we have literally added no new talent from the "overrated" 12-5 team?

The offseason is just getting started. Have some patience. It's going to take some time for the Cowboys to sort through the salary cap mess they were in.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah! Glad they are not going the Rams/Bucs route and loading up on old talent.

Wish we could get rid of Zeke but at least he's on notice. He has no choice but to produce to his contract or else!!

Last year's Cowboys were overrated, not really a 12-5 team (6-0 NFC East record doesn't impress me). But we are going the right direction this offseason.
Lol. You literally just mentioned the past 2 super bowl winners and sad glad we aren't like them.:lmao2:

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
No sarcasm. Not a fan of the "All in for 1 year" approach to building a team.
What we’ve done hasn’t worked and will most likely continue to not work until all the Jones’ are gone and get some real football people to run the team.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's sounds great it's a team effort I get it, but again when you pay your franchise QB 40m you sort of want him to step it up and make SMART CONSISTENT throws and SMART decisions. Al I'm saying

For sure Dak needs to play better but what lost that game was penalties and yards rushed on...you cut either of those in half (Which is not crazy for a playoff team) and you probably win pretty easy.

Loso86

Reaction score
For sure Dak needs to play better but what lost that game was penalties and yards rushed on...you cut either of those in half (Which is not crazy for a playoff team) and you probably win pretty easy.
True but even with all ll those penalties and rush yards. Dak had a cpl chances to lead a game winning drive . I blame Dak and Moore

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
True but even with all ll those penalties and rush yards. Dak had a cpl chances to lead a game winning drive . I blame Dak and Moore

I blame the GM for it...he hired all of them, but sure was mad about it after words even said "I want something done during the year" as if he has no control over doing what needs to be done.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

the penalties were historic for a playoff game....you cant have that and win.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah! Glad they are not going the Rams/Bucs route and loading up on old talent.

Wish we could get rid of Zeke but at least he's on notice. He has no choice but to produce to his contract or else!!

Last year's Cowboys were overrated, not really a 12-5 team (6-0 NFC East record doesn't impress me). But we are going the right direction this offseason.

So starting a new season with even less talent and depth at the wr position is somehow going to culminate in more success? This thread is straight up asinine. And Zeke is hot garbage which further lets me know this thread aint ish.

Loso86

Reaction score
I blame the GM for it...he hired all of them, but sure was mad about it after words even said "I want something done during the year" as if he has no control over doing what needs to be done.
Yea sad thing is he gets the Blame for the bad and not the Good. I would blame Stephen mostly if we're blaming the front office

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I would blame Stephen mostly if we're blaming the front office

Stephen works for Jerry, who could replace him at any moment (but never will). They're equally culpable.

birdwells1

Reaction score
You saying that you're glad that the Cowboys didn't emulate the last two super bowl champions. Say it out load and see how that sounds to you. Sheez

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Tell me how this team is going to be better in 2022. Maybe going right direction for 2023 and beyond. But not this year.

I get that thought pattern, but we couldn't win in the playoffs with them. I would rather get what we can for our big contract guys and start the rebuild.

Loso86

Reaction score
Stephen works for Jerry, who could replace him at any moment (but never will). They're equally culpable.
Yea but Jerry would've made some moves to try and make the team better in FA as well. So runs this team and is dirt cheap. He will be far WORSE than JJ

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL

Creeper

Reaction score
Contrary to what some might wish to believe, the Cowboys don't have a plan. They are stuck with a bad CAP situation and their hand is forced. Anyone who thought the Cowboys would improve their roster this off season was wishful thinking.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

No you don’t.

TheCritic

Reaction score
This thread ages very well. Smart, cost-efficient signings. Cutting lots of dead weight. But most important, cutting over-rated players that don't want to be in Dallas. Great off-season so far!!