Twitter: Lowest uncatchable pass % (Dak and Brady tied 4th)

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
We need shorter receivers:)
I have no idea what I was thinking I guess I missed that Crown Royal water break.
Shutting it down :confused:

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see what they consider uncatchable. If they consider passes that a receiver was able to get his fingertips on as a catchable pass, then I disagree with that. Those are poor passes that almost got saved because of the receiver's efforts rather than good passes that the receiver dropped.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Would be interesting to see what they consider uncatchable. If they consider passes that a receiver was able to get his fingertips on as a catchable pass, then I disagree with that. Those are poor passes that almost got saved because of the receiver's efforts rather than good passes that the receiver dropped.
This is why I never get into these kind of stats. Without knowing the guidelines used to gather the information it's too much speculation.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Those numbers seem a bit high. 15% of the top 4 QB's passes are completely uncatchable? That's like 4 or 5 each game.

They don’t seem high to me.

If a QB throws 30 passes. 15% uncatchable means 4.5 of the passes were uncatchable.

If you watch a lot of NFL games, 4-5 uncatchable balls per game sounds right to me. QB’s miss throws all
The time. You have to especially consider that this percentage takes into account deep passes that a QB misses on. Which happens all the time, and this number may account for throw away also.

So these numbers don’t seem unrealistic at all to me.

What is uncatchable also is subjective.

I also imagine there is a gap between an uncatchable pass and what would be considered a “drop” too. Like the passes that are not well thrown and a tough catch, but one that is possible for a receiver to catch if they make a great play.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
See it’s not this stat. It’s not that stat. It’s a combination of all these stats that are showing a pattern to all that are willing to see it.

Somehow they manage to be against each and every one of these stats. Even the win stat. (Most except Brady)

That doesn’t seem irrational at all.

Carry on boys, entertaining yourselves and all of us.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This is why I never get into these kind of stats. Without knowing the guidelines used to gather the information it's too much speculation.
Agreed brother there are times I see balls hitting guys in the hands and they are flat out dropped then it gets worse and some are tipped and Inted . Then I watch Deandre Hopkins and truly believe he would catch almost everyone of Daks passes and catches passes totally uncatchable for anyone else on the planet.

Really seems like WRs on other teams make spectacular catches that make there QBs look great and ours go through PERIODs where they hear footsteps lack concentration and drop ,tip and generally give Dak a hard way to go rather than helping him out when he is under pressure

All the while we have to listen to the short bus five complaining how inaccurate Dak is when he really throws as accurately as most QBs in the league

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’d like to know if this includes only low passes to open receivers or if it includes low passes where the QBs are making wise decisions and trying to be safe with the football. Covered receivers, small windows, avoiding taking your guy into a big hit, pass rush pressure, last second decision after leaving another option and being hit, receiver rounding a route deeper than designed....so many reasons for low passes besides poor QB accuracy.

that said, I’ll take some low passes over high sailing ones any day.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How?

you throw 5 incomplete passes in a game

two are good plays by the defender, two are drops and one is a bad throw.

20 percent uncatchable.
I don't think it is the % of incomplete passes, but I guess it could be that.

I would think drops & passes defensed would have their own separate stat.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hawk this couldn’t be right because Dak sucks. And is not accurate.

pansophy

Reaction score
Sure but what do you think happens to the stat then? Only Dak is throwing passes that WRs can get their finger tips on so his percentage goes up while everyone else stays put because their inaccurate passes are just completely out of reach?

Dak new throwing motion accounts for the improved accuracy, and personally I see him making throws on target this year that even last year he would miss.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Daks just average and is inaccurate but I know you grown men need a hero so will say annnnnnything to defend him.
Who is defending him. Lol. If he throws a bad pass then he throws a bad pass. Every QB does it. I am not one of those people that are on the extreme either way on him. In his 4th year he has shown improvement and he needs good players around him. Most QB do. Romos play picked up when he had murray and that O-Line. Very few can carry a team on his back. I wish people wouldnt compare him to a brady. Nobody is a brady, that guy is the pink unicorn of the NFL.