LSU's Ja'Marr Chase to enter NFL Draft

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He does have that option. But he chose not to. If he did, I don't believe his teammates would take that as turning his back on them.
To this point, I don't think players - at all - feel the same way that fans do. They all know there's a lot more at stake for guys like Lawrence. At this point, I think the number of GMs who would even care about something like that is very, very limited.

I don't really recall anyone coming out and bashing Christian McAffrey for bailing on the bowl game.

Beaker42

Reaction score
LSU star receiver Ja'Marr Chase plans to opt out of the college football season to enter the NFL draft, a source told ESPN.

Chase, who ranks fourth on Todd McShay's most recent list of the top 50 pro prospects, has informed the team of his decision, although no official announcement has been made by the school.

He led the FBS in receiving yards (1,780) and touchdowns (20) last season, winning the Biletnikoff Award, which is given annually to the country's top receiver.

CBS Sports was first to report the news.

Chase is the third player to opt out at LSU, joining defensive end Neil Farrell and cornerback Kary Vincent.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...rce-lsu-receiver-jamarr-chase-enter-nfl-draft
Do we take him if he falls to us? He won’t, but just asking.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Hmmm. This seems like he is taking advantage of a loophole. The NFL should change it to where a player has had to PLAY for 3 years in college before entering the draft. (Not just having been eligible for 3 years)

Allowing players to forgo playing the 3rd year is going around the spirit of the rule and will hurt the college game.

There's a little thing called COVID going around that's robbed almost every collegiate athlete of their season. Why on Earth should they punish kids for that? What you're talking about isn't in the spirit of the rule either. There isn't going to be a season so athletes just have to sit around for a year? If college wants to keep guys, start paying them or allowing them endorsements.