Lucky Whitehead Arrested For Shoplifting

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
When we make bad decisions on the football field, it may not be from a lack of preparation after all. It appears we have a bunch of morons on this team.

Just one year, I'd lack to have a team of players where not one of them gets arrested. I know my standards are high, but I have to insist.

Reactions: CWR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

duh.gif

CooterBrown

Reaction score
How about this fact: he failed to show up at an appointed court date. Or are we still waiting for confirmation of that fact?

Do courts issue arrest warrants because they weren't sure if Whitehead showed up or not?

No they don't. The court was sure he wasn't there. The only question then becomes: Did he know he was supposed to be there on that date and time? If he did not receive notice of the court setting, he is not guilty of Failure to Appear. And we don't know the answer to that question either.

I'm not a big Lucky fan, but there is nothing to be gained by rushing to judgment. If the Cowboys cut him to "send a message" and it turns out to be someone impersonating him, the team would look really stupid. (and yes, people do occasionally get charged with offenses other people committed in their names. Especially when it is a minor offense.)

links18

Reaction score
The failure to appear in court charge is possibly worse than the shop lifting.

Right, FTA is a totally separate charge. I just looked him up in the Prince William County, VA General District Court database. In addition to facing the current charges of Petty Larceny and Failing to Appear for Arraignment, Rodney Darnell Whitehead, Jr. was convicted on 2/14/2014 for DWI (Sentence: 30 Days suspended, 12 months probation). He was also charged with some kind of alcohol related offense in 2010 which was dropped (Nolle Prosequi) and there is an additional case for some kind of court related matter relating to the DWI conviction. I can't tell what that is about, but could be related to a violation of probation or failing to pay a fine or some such thing. Ah, the Internet....

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
What was Garrett's response?

This was the second of 4 Lucky questions and it was the basics for all "Yes, we wound. Right now we are gathering information and will access the situation and respond accordingly." (Paraphrase)

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Nevermind. Just looked again and saw the age column. Duh. The court records also show Lucky's birthday (June 2).

He was issued a ticket, not arrested. That means no fingerprints, booking photos, or copies of identification. If the cited person used his name and date of birth, the court records would only reflect what was on the citation. A police video would be important, but they often don't save those for tickets. Time will tell.

T-RO

Reaction score
A NFL player could shoplift as we saw Joseph Randle shoplift. However, it's very unlikely that a legitimate NFL player will shoplift. Rich people generally don't shoplift as they have the money to buy what they want.
YR

Rich people do steal and not infrequently.

And even if he was innocent...blowing off a court order to show up? Sorry he's just another loser and we've had way too much loser behavior.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
How about this fact: he failed to show up at an appointed court date. Or are we still waiting for confirmation of that fact?

Do courts issue arrest warrants because they weren't sure if Whitehead showed up or not?

That information wasn't available at the time this thread was started.

And I'll still await to see what all of the facts are.

If he did shoplift, he's an idiot that needs to be cut from the team. If he shoplifted and either forgot about his court date or just didn't show up, he's an even bigger idiot.

But, the key word is 'he'...as in Lucky Whitehead.

If anybody jumps to conclusions and passes judgment and gets it wrong, then THEY are idiots for jumping to conclusions again. And if they are right and Lucky did shoplift (and knew about his court date), they are still idiots for thinking that jumping to conclusions won't make them look like fools, again.

YR