Video: Luepke is an RB and good in Pass protection too

nathanlt

Reaction score
This indepth analysis points to Leupke as a running threat, receiver, and solid in pass protection. If you hear that he's just a fullback.... think again.
At 3:30, he catches a 30 yard TD from the famous "LEAD DRAW" from the 90's. Very good versatility!

JayFord

Reaction score
thats what im talking about

you make the LB dodo when you hit him

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stolen from the Draft Zone, RS posted Mel Kiper's favorite player from each position:

Fullback
i

Hunter Luepke, North Dakota State​

I wrote about Luepke last September after the Bison lost at Arizona by three points. He had 21 touches for 180 yards and three touchdowns. He almost single-handedly won them a game against a Pac-12 opponent. A part of what I wrote then: "Luepke is a battering ram who should remind NFL offensive coordinators of the super-versatile Kyle Juszczyk." I stand by that. 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan has gotten the best out of Juszczyk, putting him in positions to succeed. Luepke, 6-1 and 230 pounds, is the top-ranked fullback in this class.

Projection: Not every team uses a traditional fullback these days, so Luepke is going to need to find a team that covets him. I see him going in Round 4 or 5.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This indepth analysis points to Leupke as a running threat, receiver, and solid in pass protection. If you hear that he's just a fullback.... think again.
At 3:30, he catches a 30 yard TD from the famous "LEAD DRAW" from the 90's. Very good versatility!

I would love to see this kid get involved in the offense. But again, we have heard for years about FB's and specialty guys getting involved in the offense here and it never happens.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

BWAAAAA!!! I love this kid. Zeke replaced by an UDFA and its an upgrade. For 200k.

Loso86

Reaction score

This guy has the potential to be like the 49ers FB #44

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol your hate for zeke still gets you off!
Doesnt it make you excited to see talented you backs and think of the possibilities instead of the dread of Zeke plodding around at the expense of more talented backs?

Pollard, Duece, Hunter!!!

That is a much more exciting and versatile backfield than mostly Zeke.

No longer blowing high picks on a RB but actually using a first round pick on a NT?

My how times have changed. All for the better.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'm surprised this kid went undrafted. He appears to be talented, I'm glad to see him sporting a Star. I'm looking forward to watching him in the pre season games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm surprised this kid went undrafted. He appears to be talented, I'm glad to see him sporting a Star. I'm looking forward to watching him in the pre season games.
OUCH!!

Running behind our backups? Walenzko, Chung, Farniok, Ball?

Might be the worst backup line in all of football.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
OUCH!!

Good point, but looking forward to seeing the kid. Never know, we might be looking at a real star.

nathanlt

Reaction score
OUCH!!

There is a dropoff, no doubt about that. Offensive linemen take time to develop, before you realize they are not what you hoped for. Or they are!

Loso86

Reaction score
Doesnt it make you excited to see talented you backs and think of the possibilities instead of the dread of Zeke plodding around at the expense of more talented backs?

Pollard, Duece, Hunter!!!

That is a much more exciting and versatile backfield than mostly Zeke.

No longer blowing high picks on a RB but actually using a first round pick on a NT?

My how times have changed. All for the better.
I'd be more excited if I was sure Pollard would bounce back 100%

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd be more excited if I was sure Pollard would bounce back 100%
No worries at all. His injury is nothing that is going to affect him going forward. Small fracture in the small bone of the lower leg. Wasnt a clean break all the way through.

Loso86

Reaction score
No worries at all. His injury is nothing that is going to affect him going forward. Small fracture in the small bone of the lower leg. Wasnt a clean break all the way through.
Yea maybe and maybe not. I've heard Doctors amd other players who've had that injury thT say that's not a guarantee. But I'd be glad if yoir right

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Pollard, Vaughn. And if this kid can show a little something in pre season, then cut Jones. That would be a versatile backfield. He has size and speed for those short yardage situations

RB is easiest position to adjust in NFL. Except for pass protection and it takes them a little time. Otherwise I would hate to be 4 deep at RB.i