Recap: LVE update (from his agent on Fri)

CowboysRule

Reaction score
An agent who makes money based on client salary or the coaching staff who's job is to win games. Which would provide the most realistic evaluation of a player's performance?

Terrible decision to make given the incompetence of the previous coaching staff.
You mean the coaching staff that was just fired?

John813

Reaction score
I still believe his neck was tweaked week 1 after Heath nailed him in the head.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I appreciate your enthusiasm!

Unfortunately, this is more of a “sponsored advertisement” paid by LVE via his agent fees than it is “news”

Still, I’m absolutely hoping for the best, stupid wolf call and all.

The wold call is great. About time we had a defensive player with some excitement and fire. I am not for celebrations after every play. But it is the way of the NFL players now. So we have to live with it. At least we have someone with a decent celebration now. Much better than an occasional taco being made.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So LVE playing with one arm, and the old coaching staff tied his other arm behind his back. Pretty good for playing with no arms. :laugh:

Let the Wolf free......it is about to be open QB season.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The wold call is great. About time we had a defensive player with some excitement and fire. I am not for celebrations after every play. But it is the way of the NFL players now. So we have to live with it. At least we have someone with a decent celebration now. Much better than an occasional taco being made.

I just thought it was silly that a rookie came in the league with his product line, catch phrase, nickname and, of course, the on-field advertisement every time he makes the call.

I guess it’s the way it is now. Everyone is always working on their brand, even when they haven’t done anything yet

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Great news. He is vital. He brings the best out in Jaylon too. Without LVE, Jaylon looked like a different player.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
LVE had medical concerns pre-draft. The Cowboys, among other teams didn't believe he should be a red flagged injury prospect. There were rumblings that some teams took him off their draft boards, but who knows if there is any truth behind that, as teams might of put it out there so he would fall to their selections.

LVE just didn't look right last season. He was the team's best tackler the prior year and really struggled in his limited action last year. Perhaps he indeed was playing hurt, cause he was a shell of his former self. Is his injury career threatening? I don't think so, cause he missed time on the college level for the same injury and came back strong.

fivetwos

Reaction score
In 2018, him and 54 were awesome. They really were.

What happened?

Apparently one was hurt, and the other got a few bucks and got full of himself.

Hopefully this staff can lead these two back to where they need to be.

I feel good that the front seven can be very good....better than serviceable, thereby making this atrocious secondary (dont count on any rookie to fix it immediately) acceptable.

Reaction score
Just a little about spinal stenosis and football. According to the weight of medical opinion, players with stenosis are at no greater risk for career ending injury than those without. However, more likely to deal with chronic stingers and possibly a condition called spinal cord neuropraxia. (But no indication that LVE has the latter)

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/sports/2013-01-23/the-nfl-beat-spinal-stenosis/

“The Chronicle caught up this week with Dr. Andrew Hecht, co-director of spine surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City, spine surgical consultant for the New York Jets and New York Islanders, and a member of the NFL Brain and Spine Committee.

Dr. Hecht described the condition as a congenitally narrow spinal canal that is usually identified upon investigation of neck sprains, "stingers," or "burners."

Various imaging tests such as MRIs are often taken when patients are given these less-severe diagnoses to make sure that stenosis, fracture, or a disc herniation is not to blame as a possible cause.

According to Dr. Hecht, approximately half of all NFL players will suffer a stinger at some point in their career. A stinger is a minor irritation to one of the nerve roots or brachial plexus that branch out from the spinal cord at the levels of various vertebrae.

This occurs when players take hits to the head, shoulder, and neck area, and results in a jolt of burning, tingling, weakness, and even possible temporary paralysis through the shoulder down the arm. A stinger only affects a unilateral arm and is usually temporary.

It isn't pleasant, but it is common. Congential spinal stenosis is not.

According to Dr. Hecht, players with spinal stenosis are at increased risk of stingers. However, they are also at risk for a more serious condition called cervical cord neuropraxia. Dr. Hecht had much to say about cervical cord neuropraxia, but the main distinguishing difference in this condition and a stinger is the presence of these symptoms in multiple limbs; both arms, both legs, or an arm and a leg.

With all this said, Dr. Hecht was extremely clear about one thing. "Congenital spinal stenosis is not a contraindication of playing football."

In other words, you can play with it. Nothing about spinal stenosis indicates that you can’t.

In fact, research shows that players with spinal stenosis are at no greater risk of devastating spinal cord injury than any other player with a normal-sized spinal canal. This flies in the face of what one could logically expect, but it is indeed the case.”

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
When was he being taken off the field? He played at least 88% of snaps in 8 of 10 games he was active for.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Just a little about spinal stenosis and football. According to the weight of medical opinion, players with stenosis are at no greater risk for career ending injury than those without. However, more likely to deal with chronic stingers and possibly a condition called spinal cord neuropraxia. (But no indication that LVE has the latter)

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/sports/2013-01-23/the-nfl-beat-spinal-stenosis/

“The Chronicle caught up this week with Dr. Andrew Hecht, co-director of spine surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City, spine surgical consultant for the New York Jets and New York Islanders, and a member of the NFL Brain and Spine Committee.

Dr. Hecht described the condition as a congenitally narrow spinal canal that is usually identified upon investigation of neck sprains, "stingers," or "burners."

Various imaging tests such as MRIs are often taken when patients are given these less-severe diagnoses to make sure that stenosis, fracture, or a disc herniation is not to blame as a possible cause.

According to Dr. Hecht, approximately half of all NFL players will suffer a stinger at some point in their career. A stinger is a minor irritation to one of the nerve roots or brachial plexus that branch out from the spinal cord at the levels of various vertebrae.

This occurs when players take hits to the head, shoulder, and neck area, and results in a jolt of burning, tingling, weakness, and even possible temporary paralysis through the shoulder down the arm. A stinger only affects a unilateral arm and is usually temporary.

It isn't pleasant, but it is common. Congential spinal stenosis is not.

According to Dr. Hecht, players with spinal stenosis are at increased risk of stingers. However, they are also at risk for a more serious condition called cervical cord neuropraxia. Dr. Hecht had much to say about cervical cord neuropraxia, but the main distinguishing difference in this condition and a stinger is the presence of these symptoms in multiple limbs; both arms, both legs, or an arm and a leg.

With all this said, Dr. Hecht was extremely clear about one thing. "Congenital spinal stenosis is not a contraindication of playing football."

In other words, you can play with it. Nothing about spinal stenosis indicates that you can’t.

In fact, research shows that players with spinal stenosis are at no greater risk of devastating spinal cord injury than any other player with a normal-sized spinal canal. This flies in the face of what one could logically expect, but it is indeed the case.”
Isn't stenosis what ended the playmakers career?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just thought it was silly that a rookie came in the league with his product line, catch phrase, nickname and, of course, the on-field advertisement every time he makes the call.

I guess it’s the way it is now. Everyone is always working on their brand, even when they haven’t done anything yet

The wolf call did not Strat until over half way through the season, that I recall anyway. After they went on like a 5 game win streak.
He did not come into the season planning this.

Now Deion, he came in with his primetime planned.
I know this for a fact, as when I was in South Florida. The company I worked at, also had me at times teach Classes in our CAD system to new hires.
One lady was always on that phone during the labs, then would ask me a lot of questions, as she did not pay attention.

She knew what she was doing, but did not pay attention. So needed to ask over and over. But she picked it up well.

She then told me, oh, sorry I was on the phone with my cousin, Deions wife (or maybe girlfriend the time, can't remember). Then she told me how when he was in college he had his entire plan laid out. Said he was much different in front of the cameras then behind it. Hence, Primetime.

Reaction score
When was he being taken off the field? He played at least 88% of snaps in 8 of 10 games he was active for.

Compared to Jaylon (when healthy), LVE sat more. But not a big discrepancy. I think agent just meant that he should never be coming off field. Here’s snap counts by weeks LVE played:

1: JS (100), LVE (94)
2: JS (100), LVE (89)
3: JS (65 INJ), LVE (89)
4: JS (82 INJ), LVE (100)
5: JS (93), LVE (89)
6: JS (77 INJ), LVE (79)
7: JS (95), LVE (36)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Compared to Jaylon (when healthy), LVE sat more. But not a big discrepancy. I think agent just meant that he should never be coming off field. Here’s snap counts by weeks LVE played:

1: JS (100), LVE (94)
2: JS (100), LVE (89)
3: JS (65 INJ), LVE (89)
4: JS (82 INJ), LVE (100)
5: JS (93), LVE (89)
6: JS (77 INJ), LVE (79)
7: JS (95), LVE (36)
Yea, I mean 5-6 plays a game is nothing. I don't really understand the complaint.