Recap: LVE update (from his agent on Fri)

InTheZone

Reaction score
LVE was injured and a liability for himself personally and defensive production

LVE was sadly a step slow and like it was noted in the OP was “one armed” at times
just one more firable offense for JG for letting him go on like this when it should've been clear from the start he has a serious problem. I don't buy they didn't know in every practice leading up to the regular season.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I listened to the interview and it sounded like the agent didn't like how LVE was being used last year.
It’s a new regime and some great coaches on the staff. Let’s hope this turns lve sophomore slump into his old self like his rookie season

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Who, me?

There are who have had concerns about his health since he was drafted
Health concerns and turning on a player is not the same to me.. you see what i highlighted.. the stupid wolf call.. seems like everyone here just hates when a player has a signature celebration of some kind

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
when he came off on many 3rd downs
= Of course it’s his agent, so you have to take with a grain of salt. But agent sounded like a straight shooter. Very encouraging for LVE.
He wouldn't be a top agent if he couldn't "sound like a straight shooter".

LVE should be great if he can put this behind him. But neck problems. Bad news.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Health concerns and turning on a player is not the same to me.. you see what i highlighted.. the stupid wolf call.. seems like everyone here just hates when a player has a signature celebration of some kind
His wolf call, often used after a meaningless play. Like he makes a tackle after a three yard gain, and he goes to the bowl.

I can think the wolf call is a dumb thing and still root for the player. I wouldn’t say I’ve “turned on him” or that I “hate him”

He gets a free pass for anything and everything from a bunch of fans for the same reason thet Bill Bates or Rusty Greer did.

Meanwhile, fans here *do* hate on Jaylon Smith because he sells sunglasses and is part of the “Hot Boyz”.

a lot of hypocracy

Anyway, my issue is probably more with the fans than with LVE. He’s just trying to get his side hustle goin

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Posted earlier in this thread:

It is, but he never had surgery to relieve it. He just decided after 12 years, he didn't want to risk it and was done. The surgery buys time; between 5-10 years.

Right, be he didn't play a position that required contact nearly every play.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Don’t know how many of you listened to Ochoa’s podcast on Friday, but he had Ron Slavin, the agent for Aldon Smith and LVE on. The first half was about Smith and why he chose the Cowboys. Second half touched on LVE. Some really interesting stuff:
-LVE had stenosis coming out of BSU
-However, got a 4 out of 5 on medical check at combine
-Stenosis caused him to have stiffness in his arm and stingers
-At times this year, he was “playing with one arm”
-Surgery has really loosened up neck and arm
-Agent says surgery was a great success, LVE now just working on his strength, and predicts a huge year
-Said Nolan was a huge proponent of NO drafting LVE. If NO had not traded up for Davenport, they would have taken LVE
-LVE really excited to work with Nolan
-Under Nolan, LVE “will never come off the field” unlike last year when he came off on many 3rd downs
= Of course it’s his agent, so you have to take with a grain of salt. But agent sounded like a straight shooter. Very encouraging for LVE.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...eams-interested-in-aldon-smith-this-offseason

LVE didnt come off the field last year because of the coaches. He had to come off because of his physical problems.

And if even his agent has to tub-thumb for him i really think he has major problems.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What else is LVE’s agent supposed to say?