Maher's Miss lost game for us

mmohican29

Reaction score
If the Cowboys' justification for keeping him is because of his long range ability, that is ridiculous. Gimme a kicker with a noodle leg who has limited range but at least is reliable from 44 and closer.

Exactly. You can't call plays to set up a kicker this erratic because it makes no difference if it's a 34 yard or a 55 yard attempt. It's a 50/50 proposition anyway.

That said trailing 7-3 just kick the stupid FG.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Could've kicked a chip shot on 4th and 2 at the 7 instead of running Dak and getting stuffed, down 7-3.

Giving up a 92 yard bomb on the next play made it 14-3 and the Cowboys had to play catch up the rest of the day. Stupid kicker.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could've kicked a chip shot on 4th and 2 at the 7 instead of running Dak and getting stuffed, down 7-3.

Giving up a 92 yard bomb on the next play made it 14-3 and the Cowboys had to play catch up the rest of the day. Stupid kicker.
They decided to go for it. Two yards is pretty darn hard to convert on a quarterback sneak but the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Running a pitch play in the NFL for two yards on fourth down will not fool many defenses OR their coordinators.

RamziD

Reaction score
Garrett lost this game by still being HC. I don’t get too hard on the players because it is difficult to maximize their talent with the culture created by the Jones’ and subsequently the HC who is simply an extension of ownership.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That was a bad miss, but he gets no props for the 62 harder that most kickers would miss? We would be in the same spot.

The crucial mistake was not going for a field goal down 7 - 3. That may have also made a difference.

Elusiv1

Reaction score
I don't want to be too analytical about the loss because in the end it's loss and a bad one that still hurts. But i would lean more to the BS call against Wilson when Witt caught that TD . No excuse for that kind of garbage. Also Dallas hasn't done anything in the first half of all those losses and that's killing is. Very few teams can come back from being down by so many points in the first half..

davidariust24

Reaction score
If you count on kickers for a win, you’re in trouble.
That shouldn't be true. Your kickers ONLY job is to kick a ball. He should be able to kick vs the wind, bad weather on the left or right hash . It shouldn't matter. When you are down my 3 or less and you fight to get into FG range , you expect your kicker to make it 49 yards or less unless its blocked. I'd make a trade for a good kicker if we can get one. I'd take the COLTS kicker at his age for a second rd pick. We need to make our kicks. Wed be at least 5-1 if our kicker made all the kicks that he is supposed to make