Mahomes Contract is actually less than the Cowboys Offered Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just like all the speculated reports of the "40 mil a year offers" there has been no confirmation with a direct quote from any of the 4 people actually involved in the negotiations about that offer. All of the exact money amounts and guaranteed money have all be nothing but speculated amounts without any direct confirmation through out this whole negotiations.
Ok then my mistake I thought that was confirmed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But I’m not really interested in what you think personally anymore than you are of my personal evaluations.

And I think unless you’ve won MVP or SB then talent level is critical. And where Dak comes up short compared to many of these others.
Well you don't have to be interested in what I think about evaluating talent I was just correcting you. You said......

"But your basing your thought on what you evaluate their talent level to be. Wentz and Goff are considered more talented than Dak by those outside of the Cowboy fans bubble."

That's incorrect. I'm not evaluating their talent. If I was then I'd have Goff as one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Because he throws a pretty spiral. But he ain't it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Talk about the biggest deal in sports before last year?
I can't speak on what they personally negotiated but it as wildly known whatever Mahomes signed for was going to be the biggest deal in sports. He came into this year as the best quarterback in the league at 24 years old.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly. Garrett hurt one guys legacy and he was on his way to hurt Dak's legacy so he had to go. Its not like Garrett got fired prematurely it was long overdue.
That could be true but we can’t applaud these last 4 years with such accolades while bashing the HC who led them to the record. That comes off hypocritical and agenda driven.

Garrett was most certainly fired for the Disappointment last year regardless of it was a cumulative record we were all looking at.

Garrett had the most success over the last 9 years cumulatively of any Cowboys HC since the 90’s Dynasty team despite whatever frustrations we had.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mahomes is the QB we needed.

Instead we’ll pay Mahomes prices and get Andy Dalton like ability.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That could be true but we can’t applaud these last 4 years with such accolades while bashing the HC who led them to the record. That comes off hypocritical and agenda driven.

Garrett was most certainly fired for the Disappointment last year regardless of it was a cumulative record we were all looking at.

Garrett had the most success over the last 9 years cumulatively of any Cowboys HC since the 90’s Dynasty team despite whatever frustrations we had.
Oh I can. Because if Garrett was just a 4 year head coach I'd look at him completely different. But he wasn't. Its been 10 years and even more if you factor in what he did as OC.

Garrett had the most success by default. IF Wade Phillips was allowed to be the head coach here for 10 years he would've had just as much success.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yep
I can’t imagine another team valuing Dak as much as Cowboys.

Everyone has seen how strong a supporting cast he needs . Most teams simply aren’t going to over invest in a QB that needs an EliteRB, WR and top OL to reach the limited success he’s had.
We will see July 15 but it appears the Cowboys have money allotted to the quarterback position and they will not go above it. It’s great money that is why I think Dak will sign.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh I can. Because if Garrett was just a 4 year head coach I'd look at him completely different. But he wasn't. Its been 10 years and even more if you factor in what he did as OC.

Garrett had the most success by default. IF Wade Phillips was allowed to be the head coach here for 10 years he would've had just as much success.
But Wade wasn’t and he didn’t. Can’t factor in a speculative scenario.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why do you think he was here so long?
Several contributing factors. Jerry was comfortable with him in a position to take more credit if we had success with a less proven HC . The perfect puppet as I called him.

But he had just enough success to keep it going. Coming very close twice to breaking thru. Jerry could sell it. It was more success than any of our other puppets had. He had influenced an overall better culture with better drafts and personnel decisions placing us in a more consistent contender situation.

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't have a answer for why they are handling this the way they are. It doesn't personally make sense to me. They got Jaylon Smith done before Zeke and Dak. So I don't know.......I wasn't even aware Jaylon needed a contract...I know his deal was coming up as well but I didn't think he played well enough to warrant jumping in front of it.

It was a long term projection with Smith after he had a very good 2019 season. They have done it before obviously with other players and built up some bargains especially on the oline. The Cowboys took the view that Prescott wasn't worth $35 million and didn't want to pay him that. If Wentz wanted $40 million would the Eagles have given it to him? In all liklihood no. They paid him what he's worth in the current market.

The issue with Prescott is and has always been where people actually value him. The front office obviously do not think he is worth what he thinks he is otherwise it would have been signed by now as number of years is relevant towards yes how much money Prescott is paid.

kskboys

Reaction score
Several contributing factors. Jerry was comfortable with him in a position to take more credit if we had success with a less proven HC . The perfect puppet as I called him.

But he had just enough success to keep it going. Coming very close twice to breaking thru. Jerry could sell it. It was more success than any of our other puppets had. He had influenced an overall better culture with better drafts and personnel decisions placing us in a more consistent contender situation.
To add, he was Jerry's boy, so Jerry thought he'd find more respectability among NFL people if he promoted and trained his own HC. (Further proof he doesn't get it)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was a long term projection with Smith after he had a very good 2019 season. They have done it before obviously with other players and built up some bargains especially on the oline. The Cowboys took the view that Prescott wasn't worth $35 million and didn't want to pay him that. If Wentz wanted $40 million would the Eagles have given it to him? In all liklihood no. They paid him what he's worth in the current market.

The issue with Prescott is and has always been where people actually value him. The front office obviously do not think he is worth what he thinks he is otherwise it would have been signed by now as number of years is relevant towards yes how much money Prescott is paid.
When has a Cowboys negotiation with one of their best players just been signed? Do you remember how long it took to sign Lawrence and Zeke?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Well said. This is the underlying issue in where some value Dak.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think the offer was closer to 30 last year, fwiw.
And the tag gets him to 37ish next year for one year.....which, IF he has a good year, would be below the 2022 longtwrm per year offer.

Unless he wants to leave Dallas like Cousins did with Wash.
That changes everything

As I've argued, I think that was the plan from last year.

KSK said he checked and it was 33mil.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Ha! That's not saying much. Compared to our Head Coaches since the 90's? So Garrett's lack of success wasn't quite as lowly as those before him?
Is that how you define success? A loser who wasn't quite as bad as his fellow losers? :rolleyes: