Malcom Brown on the Trade Block

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Dang, really, he's on the block? I'd trade a third or forth for him.
He is very good at stuffing the run and offers a little bit of push on passing downs.
I'd want to extend his contract immediately though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
5th is probably about right as there is bound to be interest. You will probably get a 5th comp when he's not re-signed too.

I wonder is this a situation like how we got Robert Quinn...a team desperate and will take anything to get rid of his contract? Can I get greedy with a 6th rounder lol? I'm essentially getting him on a one year deal and he can leave right afterwards right?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I wonder is this a situation like how we got Robert Quinn...a team desperate and will take anything to get rid of his contract? Can I get greedy with a 6th rounder lol? I'm essentially getting him on a one year deal and he can leave right afterwards right?

The thing is, while he's likely to be released if they cannot find a match, with his current contract relative to his play there is bound to be interest which will drive up the price.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If I'm them, and Brees is actually going to retire, I would blow the entire thing up right now.

They probably have some plan up their sleeve where he shows up around week seven with a cape on.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Only 27 years old. Hard to think that he wouldn't start here.

He's a space-eater, not a stat-stuffer, but that's why our DE's would be happy with 1:1's.

Motorola

Reaction score
First opportunity to see how new DC Dan Quinn moves forward to shape the Cowboys defense - does Malcom Brown fit into his plan?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If I'm them, and Brees is actually going to retire, I would blow the entire thing up right now.

They probably have some plan up their sleeve where he shows up around week seven with a cape on.

They just paid Michael Thomas and Kamara.

They've also shown success with Breese out of the lineup.

If i'm them i'm trying to get Sam Darnold.

Carson

Reaction score
Dang, really, he's on the block? I'd trade a third or forth for him.
He is very good at stuffing the run and offers a little bit of push on passing downs.
I'd want to extend his contract immediately though.

The whole team will be on the block outside of Thomas and Kamara. They want to resign Lattimore and Williams and are beyond screwed on the cap.

I make this move ASAP. Then draft another 1T to go behind him. We need that dominant player like Mebane in Quinn’s scheme.

Tank / Brown / Gallimore / Gregory

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That would be like trading John Wayne for Festus..:lmao2:

Breese can barely throw a football.

Darnold is a young guy with 4 years experience who has never had anything around him.

His talent and the QB friendly environment he would walk into would lead to success imo.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Breese can barely throw a football.

Darnold is a young guy with 4 years experience who has never had anything around him.

His talent and the QB friendly environment he would walk into would lead to success imo.
ok..:thumbup:

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
The whole team will be on the block outside of Thomas and Kamara. They want to resign Lattimore and Williams and are beyond screwed on the cap.

I make this move ASAP. Then draft another 1T to go behind him. We need that dominant player like Mebane in Quinn’s scheme.

Tank / Brown / Gallimore / Gregory
Oh yeah, Brown would be that anchor in the middle that can eat up double teams and push the pocket.
I'm with you on drafting another 1T in the draft, and there should be a lot of good options in the middle rounds.