Maliek Collins on the verge of a breakout season

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This could be a dream for me. I've always wanted the Cowboys to have a DT that can cause havoc with sacks or tackles for loss.

This is the first offseason Collins has not been hurt. This guy is like a Tank. If he takes his offseason play into the regular season the defense will be better than last season.

Guys like Trysten Hill will learn alot from him. Just having that guy that can get to the QB from the middle of the line will make our defense very formidable. I hate that Quinn and gregory are suspended . The pressure they'd provide would make us almost overwhelming.

What do you guys think about Collins this offseason and how or if he will make an impact for this season?http://insidethestar.com/maliek-collins-on-the-verge-of-a-breakout-season/
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BhAB&usg=AOvVaw0pDuUS_254NJ9Y36R8FxED&ampcf=1

You just described David Irving, not Makiek Collins, unfortunately.

Maliek is good but he is not nearly the catalytic player.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Of course it’s a contract year.
Contract year stuff is so overplayed. Most guys if they will do anything in this league will be near their apex by the time they finish their rookie contract which is 4 years maybe 5 if they were a 1st rounder. This isn't 10 years ago where you could lock rookies in for 5-7 years.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
5 sacks his rookie year playing 3-Tech.

Aside from chronic foot injuries and having to play out of position, everything else is noise..

quickccc

Reaction score
This whole 1T and 3T things is dumb in my opinion. Just get a couple of DT's that can stop the run AND rush the passer. Seriously. How many good DT's have we passed on that supposedly didn't fit his parameters?

Damien Snack Harrison is not/never has been a pass rusher, ...but if I were a 4-3 DC and could have him (in his prime) on my DL, I sure would not pass him up.
He was that dominant a force as a run defender in that even our All pro blockers have had difficulties blocking him one on one vs the run.
He changed the dynamics in how you have to run block against him. With guys like, probably the best plan is to go hurry up so you can have a chance at gassing him
out quicker.

At the end of his Giants playing days, that team started losing so much and there became such questionable coaching that even Snack and several others (ala Jenkins, Collins, etc)
game seem to go into decline.

And just getting a couple of DTs that can do both in run/pass and well make their presence felt, ..isn't that easy to find. It's not like they are just falling off an apple tree.
and we've already tried that with several 1-techs ( McClain, Paea, Thorton, Hayden, Woods)
and some fans seem to be well satisfied with being ranked 5th vs the run, ..but that stat can be misleading in some sense.