Twitter: Maliek Collins reverse pancakes Connor Williams

quickccc

Reaction score
He needs to get kicked out to RT and have Collins move back inside

Best 5 at the best positions to succeed as a unit

i truly believe Collins is going to have issues at OG just as he has at OT.
the guy just has inconsistent issues when it comes to techniques and hand placement.

JayFord

Reaction score
This is what happens when our Oline stands up instead of staying low and firing out to meet the bullrushing Dlineman head on. You instantly lose leverage and get blown back on your arse. Terrible coaching. :facepalm:

It was down right horrendous fire off In run blocking and get your hands in the mans chest and drive.... in pass blocking squat and punch out and move your feet

Willams stood directly up and got bulldozed

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Looks to me like that was supposed to be a walk through type situation or the whistle blew and Collins never held up. Nobody fired off the line there or even moved out of their stance. The entire OL just stood up so I think somebody is trying to sell something here. Don't buy it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Looks to me like that was supposed to be a walk through type situation or the whistle blew and Collins never held up. Nobody fired off the line there or even moved out of their stance. The entire OL just stood up so I think somebody is trying to sell something here. Don't buy it.

My thinking too...and Owning is normally better than that assuming it is his video and he just didn't take it from someone else.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
i truly believe Collins is going to have issues at OG just as he has at OT.
the guy just has inconsistent issues when it comes to techniques and hand placement.
You mean Williams?

quickccc

Reaction score
didnt it seem like Connor was so laxed or distracted that it didnt seem he wasnt even ready for Connor?
and lets save the judgments and dart throwing until it becomes live game action over an entire game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But he's bigger now everyone says. Just put the guy at swing tackle and throw mcgovern out there at guard.

Everyone gets beat. No one was saying Tyron Smith should retire or is finished just because he got beat by Dorance Armstrong.

Williams handled the rush from Collins wrong. He tried to reach for him to the outside, which allowed Collins to charge back into him while he wasn't set. He needed to hold his inside set IMO and if Collins continued to the outside, push and drive him wide of the pocket. Reaching like that gives up your leverage. The problem wasn't a lack of power, it was poor use of technique.

Of course, we also have to remember that this is isolation blocking in these situations. Normally, the line call might give him help to the inside or outside that would allow him to set differently. For example, if he has help to the inside, then he would set to the wide side of the DT, forcing the DT to either go directly through him or into the double-team on the inside.

Last year, I thought one of the problems with our blocking is that Looney would help Martin at times when we needed to be scheming for Looney to primarily be helping either Williams or Su'a-Filo.