Twitter: Maliek Collins reverse pancakes Connor Williams

quickccc

Reaction score
You mean Williams?

Nope i meant Lael Collins.
Someone suggested moving Collins back inside to OG, where he's had the same techniques issues when he came into the league
and Cowboys switched him from college LT ..to Left Guard in the NFL.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Nope i meant Lael Collins.
Someone suggested moving Collins back inside to OG, where he's had the same techniques issues when he came into the league
and Cowboys switched him from college LT ..to Left Guard in the NFL.
Oh, okay. Gotcha.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Everyone gets beat. No one was saying Tyron Smith should retire or is finished just because he got beat by Dorance Armstrong.

Williams handled the rush from Collins wrong. He tried to reach for him to the outside, which allowed Collins to charge back into him while he wasn't set. He needed to hold his inside set IMO and if Collins continued to the outside, push and drive him wide of the pocket. Reaching like that gives up your leverage. The problem wasn't a lack of power, it was poor use of technique.

Of course, we also have to remember that this is isolation blocking in these situations. Normally, the line call might give him help to the inside or outside that would allow him to set differently. For example, if he has help to the inside, then he would set to the wide side of the DT, forcing the DT to either go directly through him or into the double-team on the inside.

Last year, I thought one of the problems with our blocking is that Looney would help Martin at times when we needed to be scheming for Looney to primarily be helping either Williams or Su'a-Filo.
I know what happened. What I'm saying is what I've been saying all off season. Even if he dominates Collins my stance stays the same.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Connor's leverage was poor, but give Collins his credit. If you watch how Maleik stepped/made a move outside then exploded back into Williams was genius...caught him slipping.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Any young o-lineman like Connor Williams deserves the opportunity to develop his skills over a significant period of time. Embarrassingly losing one play to a highly capable d-lineman in practice isn't any time to make far-reaching assumptions. Connor will be afforded the time and patience by offensive coaches to develop his skills as needed. Those who can't abide by that at this early date could likely stand to be far more patient.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're not wrong, I can't believe what I'm reading here....what is this newbee ville?
I'm actually from the old Cowboys fan forum. I had a Landry's hat with a hundred thousand post. It's tough being the new guy sometimes. I know you didn't mean me but yeah lot of new people here a lot of Eagle fans LOL we would have laughed them off the old site

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To be fair it didn't look to me like Williams was even in his proper stance. Maybe he wasn't expecting the ball to be snapped right at that moment and Collins put him on his rearend.

Having said that I think Maliek Collins is going to be a beast this season. He's due for a contract and somebody is going to pay him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It looks like the entire line stopped playing. But the defender kept coming. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like
Huh? its 1v1. Collins vs Connor williams. Connor williams went into a pass set, was too high, and missed his initial punch. Collins got inside and after connor missed his punch was already off balance, collins took advatage and put him on his butt.