Twitter: Maliek Collins reverse pancakes Connor Williams

InTheZone

Reaction score
Looks to me like that was supposed to be a walk through type situation or the whistle blew and Collins never held up. Nobody fired off the line there or even moved out of their stance. The entire OL just stood up so I think somebody is trying to sell something here. Don't buy it.
looked to me like a drill made specifically for DT matchups. Collins was the only DL so whoever Collins went up against it's his job to fight back.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It was down right horrendous fire off In run blocking and get your hands in the mans chest and drive.... in pass blocking squat and punch out and move your feet

Willams stood directly up and got bulldozed
This^^^

Beaker42

Reaction score
Any young o-lineman like Connor Williams deserves the opportunity to develop his skills over a significant period of time. Embarrassingly losing one play to a highly capable d-lineman in practice isn't any time to make far-reaching assumptions. Connor will be afforded the time and patience by offensive coaches to develop his skills as needed. Those who can't abide by that at this early date could likely stand to be far more patient.
Or he could just be a bust? :huh:

Beaker42

Reaction score
To be fair it didn't look to me like Williams was even in his proper stance. Maybe he wasn't expecting the ball to be snapped right at that moment and Collins put him on his rearend.

Having said that I think Maliek Collins is going to be a beast this season. He's due for a contract and somebody is going to pay him.
It’s too bad it takes a “contract season” to bring out the best in a player. They should bring that every season. That’s what separates the greats from the pedestrians.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's becoming increasingly clear many on this board have never been in a football practice, and that's ok, it's just good to know.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looks to me like that was supposed to be a walk through type situation or the whistle blew and Collins never held up. Nobody fired off the line there or even moved out of their stance. The entire OL just stood up so I think somebody is trying to sell something here. Don't buy it.

Another clickbait FakeNews headline. It's disturbing how many people are buying it when the video is right there to contradict it.

Confirmation bias is a scary thing.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Huh? its 1v1. Collins vs Connor williams. Connor williams went into a pass set, was too high, and missed his initial punch. Collins got inside and after connor missed his punch was already off balance, collins took advatage and put him on his butt.
Again I just couldn't tell. It looks like everybody was involved but stopped. Again I don't know cuz I wasn't there. If it was one on one he got his butt whooped

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While I do have my concerns about Connor being strong enough for the guard position, it is so obvious in this video that ,like the rest of the line, Connor relaxed after play was whistled dead before it really began.

Or is the op of this thread playing a joke on us, yes it is that obvious in the video that the play was dead.

Edit: I see a few people saw the same thing. Just wondering why so many people didn't

Qcard

Reaction score
So I had to go 12 replies deep to find an accurate description of what happened....

Collins is the fool....Maliek that is!!

Fact Connor was Athletic enough not to have blown his knee or rolled his ankle is a plus...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For those saying that it was a dead play since the ball wasn't snapped?

Wrong.

Just because the ball wasn't snapped doesn't mean the play was known and executed by all. It's obvious it was a practice play that went by cadence. You can see Connor Williams make the first initial move before Maliek started moving, so Connor knew the play was live.

kumizi

Reaction score
If he's getting bullied by Collins, it's gonna be a long year facing actually good D-linemen.

Qcard

Reaction score
For those saying that it was a dead play since the ball wasn't snapped?

Wrong.

Just because the ball wasn't snapped doesn't mean the play was known and executed by all. It's obvious it was a practice play that went by cadence. You can see Connor Williams make the first initial move before Maliek started moving, so Connor knew the play was live.
Ok, let's say for argument sake you are totally right (though I think it's a dead) I could argue Marinelli is coaching encroachment??.
Cadence's are nothing till a snap of the ball. If he's trying to Coach up the DT shouldn't using actually play que...a snap of the ball?

It's either bad coaching or a dead play?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok, let's say for argument sake you are totally right (though I think it's a dead) I could argue Marinelli is coaching encroachment??.
Cadence's are nothing till a snap of the ball. If he's trying to Coach up the DT shouldn't using actually play que...a snap of the ball?

It's either bad coaching or a dead play?
Rewatch the video clip. Connor Williams starts moving first, thus giving Maliek Collins the green light to bullrush him.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
This is what happens when our Oline stands up instead of staying low and firing out to meet the bullrushing Dlineman head on. You instantly lose leverage and get blown back on your arse. Terrible coaching. :facepalm:
How do you know it's coaching?

Go ahead. Start a baseless RUMOR and start gathering the sheep.

Unbelievable........