Twitter: Maliek Collins reverse pancakes Connor Williams

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
looked to me like a drill made specifically for DT matchups. Collins was the only DL so whoever Collins went up against it's his job to fight back.

Ding winner winner chicken dinner

Isolation match-up drill

RoboQB

Reaction score
This, Williams was nowhere close to even being serviceable. I would go one step farther and say he was the worse of the group.

We got 3 Pro Bowlers and Collins, so, yes, Williams is the weakest link... lol.

This is one rep in one drill. It looks like a lot of things could've happened.

The Tackle is meant to stand there to provide the gap, keeping the DT
from cheating outside. No, the ball is not snapped every time in this drill.

You see the coach acting as a QB. He starts the rep. I think Williams false
started and relaxed initiallly. Collins was pumped and determined to
get a strong rep. And he did... lol.

Just my .02 cents. I may be wrong.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Jesus, fans react strong to one play in training camp. My 17 yr old son is 5"6" 192lbs and plays DT, smallest DL on the team. He reversed pancaked the RG who is 2 time 1st team all district, 6'1" 295lb. It was great for him, and even better for me, but it was one play. The 17 yr old kid recovered and will be a 3 time 1st team all district player at the end of this year. It's going to be ok for Connor. From all report's he's doing much better this year.

Little Jr

Reaction score
As far as the clip goes, I wouldn't assume you know what the drill is, what Connor was doing/thinking, if he false started then relaxed or if he just got blown up. If he did, congrats to Malik.

Going to TC in 2003 I learned what you think you are seeing in training camp isn't what you are seeing sometimes. They were running a drill where the wr was running a 9 route with a CB covering him. The first pass went out of bounds, everyone(10,000 fans) ahhhhed. 2nd pass went out of bounds, everyone aahhhed a few boooos. 3rd pass went out of bounds, everyone boooed. 4th pass went out of bounds, everyone lost their ****. It was explained after practice that it was the drill to throw it out of bounds. Long time ago, but if I remember correctly, it was a 2min drill that the QBs practicing on throwing it out of bounds, inside the pocket, near a wr not to get a intentional grounding call. Situational football BP called it. Lol Of course the fans assumed it was our ****** qbs we had on the roster.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Or he could just be a bust? :huh:

It could happen but I guess you'll just have to wait to find out.

Do you think you could possibly be patient in the meantime?

By the way, he's worked hard to be the man he is currently!

Would it please you if he fails or will you hope for the best?

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
This is what happens when our Oline stands up instead of staying low and firing out to meet the bullrushing Dlineman head on. You instantly lose leverage and get blown back on your arse. Terrible coaching. :facepalm:
I can promise you that he wasn’t coached to screw up like that. That failure is all William’s fault.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can promise you that he wasn’t coached to screw up like that. That failure is all William’s fault.
Prove it. Much tape where all of the Oline starts backpeddling while standing up during pass protection.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It's becoming increasingly clear many on this board have never been in a football practice, and that's ok, it's just good to know.

You don’t even have to have been in a football practice to get what happened. It’s obvious in the video it was a blown play

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
OK, so Broaddus seems to be describing this exact play in his notebook, and he confirms that Williams just got his butt handed to him. Missed the punch and Collins destroyed him.

I think that is what is frustrating with him....because even last year there were times when he would do really good things, and then just completely whiff. The mental lapses have to stop and hopefully they are. Have seen several people say overall he looks improved.

And yes, he is the worst offensive lineman starting right now. That really doesn't mean much given the rest of the starters.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t even have to have been in a football practice to get what happened. It’s obvious in the video it was a blown play
I have spoken to Jason and from now on a trainer will run onto the practice field with a sign that says "BLOWN PLAY":flagwave:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
looked to me like a drill made specifically for DT matchups. Collins was the only DL so whoever Collins went up against it's his job to fight back.

I suppose that could be but I don't know why you would do that drill with OLs next to you, just standing there. I mean, it takes one guy to roll up on a knee, even by accident while doing a drill and you got a major injury. How's the best way to get yourself hurt on a Football Field? By standing around. Seen it happen many, many times in my life, at every level. I've seen that drill before, even done it before and never did it with players standing around. I've done it with tackling dummies and usually, just one on one drills with just a matchup. Even done this excercise with random Lineman, we actually called it matchup drills. The idea was to randomly call a number and two guys line up and practice technique. Practice things like Strikes, Sticks, Finishing, hand placement, even double teams, twists you name it. But never like that. Chances of injury are too great IMO. You could be right but seems really stupid, to me, to do that drill like that. Seems more likely that it was just a player who either didn't hear the whistle or just jumped the count.

Who really knows but I'll say this, if that was a drill, then this coaching staff are a bunch of idiots because I just think it's dangerous to conduct full speed drills while you have guys standing around in a stationary position. Those guys are 300 plus, one guy gets tossed or just loses balance or footing and you are asking for trouble. The other thing is, if this was live, then this doesn't say great things about Conner.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just wait till we get to see him in the Pre-Season guys.

It won't take long to figure out if he's going to remain a get in the way blocker or if he's actually gonna move guys this year.

I wish McGovern wouldn't have torn his peck.