Maliek Collins Year 3

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He's a nice DT. Nothing more, nothing less.

I do not expect him to make the jump like Lawrence did. Different kinds of players. I don't think Collins possesses the raw talent that Lawrence has.
IMO he is the prototype DT for the scheme. I think he is still the defensive steal of that draft if he can stay healthly and have a full off season to prepare going into 2019.

CWR

Reaction score
When Collins was a rookie, I thought he'd end up being an elite DT. Now i'm not so sure. He flashes brilliance, but so infrequently. Maybe being a full-time 3T will help?

Yeah Im not sure how often he's played 1T but I bet @xwalker could give us an accurate answer.

It seemed to me that was the beginning of his progress halting. I would not be suprised at all if our coaches have hurt his potential play by plugging him into the wrong position/assignments. B Jones proves to be a great example of unidentified talent.

Prime21

Reaction score
There us certainly still hope he could be a very good 3Tech. He is not stopping me from drafting one though, the position is too important. I would draft 3Tech over Safety and TE.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The guy needs to stay happy. If he does then he will be really good. Him and Woods will be nice for us..

Sydla

Reaction score
IMO he is the prototype DT for the scheme. I think he is still the defensive steal of that draft if he can stay healthly and have a full off season to prepare going into 2019.

The defensive steal of that draft easily is Yannick Ngakoue. 30 sacks in his first three years in the NFL. He was taken a few spots after Collins.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Technically he's only missed 3 games. I didnt realize that. Seems like he has played at less than 100% for most of his games though.

Hopefully some additional DT depth will allow him to rest more when he needs it and we'll see 2016 Collins when he actually is playing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
IMO Maliek is like Tank. The only thing that has really been able to slow the growth of the kid is injuries. I am expecting a break out season this year. Thoughts?

I really see no similarities other then some injuries. Tank is a beast and Collins is a JAG.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Like any player he will give you more production when healthy. I'm sure he will get snaps at both the 3 & 1Tech positions I just hope he stays healthy. I think this unit can make a little noise if it stays healthy and of course that includes the mental health Taco Charlton:)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tank was just a guy until he wasnt a couple of seasons ago.

Not really. Tank had 8 sacks in his 2nd year and he didnt even play the entire year. People like to say he came out of nowhere, but it simply isnt the case.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maliek had 5 sacks from the DT position as a rookie.

I remember. At that point everyone was talking about how great he was going to be. Not much since. And yes, some was due to injury. After 4 years you know what you have. Tank is a beast and Collins isnt.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I remember. At that point everyone was talking about how great he was going to be. Not much since. And yes, some was due to injury. After 4 years you know what you have. Tank is a beast and Collins isnt.
Hence the Tank comparison.